Chapter 2: Do you meditate too?

I went back to my table and grabbed my lunch. From there I made my way through the maze of bodies until I found the opening into the hallway. Then I stood and skimmed over the crowd. There was no sign of the plaid flannel shirt that she was wearing. For some reason I just couldn't stop thinking about her. Her beautiful freckled face stuck to my mind like peanut butter on the roof of a mouth.
I started walking aimlessly around the halls trying to find her, but I had no luck. Every hall was filled with students. Every inch was filled with faceless people looking for nameless things and unworthy places.
Finally I gave up and went outside. The blue sky's always calmed me. Ever since I was a kid. I used to just sit outside and ponder what was beyond the clouds. Then I would stay there until the clouds dissolved and the stars came out of hibernation for a day and shone so bright no one could argue who was the fairest of them all. They all were, in their own way.
Anyway, I looked down from the sky and saw a girl sitting on the bench outside. She was THE girl. Her plaid shirt fluttered in the breeze, revealing a black dr pepper shirt underneath. I liked her style. It was unique, because I had never seen anyone dress quite like her before. She was quite mysterious.
She looked up at me, her piercing blue eyes looking directly at me. She stared at me for about a minute, not looking anywhere but my eyes.
"So do you come out here to meditate often?" Those were the first words out of her mouth that she ever said directly to me.  Her voice was so laid back, so free, like I could just take it and go anywhere I wanted.
"I'm not meditating." I shot back defensively, in spite of hiding my smirk.
"Okay Mr. hot shot. Just trying to make small talk. If you don't like sarcasm I guess I can't talk to you, not like I shouldn't be anyway, with your place in the hierarchy and all." She shrugged her shoulders and looked up at the sky.
"Sorry. I guess I'm just nervous, that's all. I like sarcasm. Sorry for offending you." I shoved my hands into my pockets and put my head down.
"It's fine," she waved a dismissing hand, "wait, why are you nervous? Big football game coming up?"
"Football season isn't until next year. It's because I'm talking to you."
"Okay whatever prank you're trying to pull on the new girl isn't going to work. Nice try but I'm not going to be another victim of the jock squad." She grabbed her book bag and stood to leave when I grabbed her arm.
"I'm not like that. There's just something about you... I don't know what it is. You're just different, and I like that. Please don't think of me like that. Anyway, how did you learn to dance like that?" We were again looking into each others eyes, but this time, it felt different.
"I didn't learn. I just knew how to. I don't know." She have a crooked smile like the one in the cafeteria, but made no effort to move her arm that I was still holding.
"Well you're an amazing dancer, and you're quite a person. A person that doesn't have a name."
"Andy. I'm Andy Grove. And you are?" She was still smiling.
"I'm Cole Jankinson. Nice to meet you." I smiled back at Andy. It didn't quite suite her.
"Well I would say the same thing, but we sorta got off to a wrong start, but I'll forgive you." She used sarcasm in almost every sentence she said.
"Haha. Very funny." I released Andy's arm, but she stayed. "Guess what?"
"What?" Andy raised her left eyebrow.
"You're beautiful." I grinned and so did she, except she grinned a crooked grin, just like her smile.
"Guess what?" She countered.
"What?" I asked enthusiastically yet sarcastically.
"You're tall." Her eyes were wide and smiling.
"I guess you could say that. I'm only 6'4 though. Okay I'm tall." I am tall. Very tall. It's not my fault though.
"Wow. I'm 5'6 if that counts for anything." Andy fiddled with the buttons on her shirt.
"Well, you're funny, and beautiful, oh and mysterious. We should do this another time. How about after school?" I chewed on my tongue. I thought it was going to fall off.
"Sure." She smiled again. Her blue eyes were illuminated with mystery. I liked it."I'll see you at the main entrance after school."
"Okay. I'll be there. See you later, mysterious yet beautiful Andy." I gave a wave and debated wether to wink or not. I didn't. She seemed like the kind of girl that wasn't into that kind of stuff.
"And I'll see you, Cole the apparently not stereotypical jock. I'll be the judge of that. Bye." And with that she opened the door and disappeared into the forever faceless crowd.