Chapter Ten

Career Prep went by fast for Woodland which he was glad for. Then it was study hall. Woodland walked in and their were kids in every seat. "Hi! You must be Woodland!" The teacher said. Woodland nodded. "Nice to have you here Woodland!" He said. Woodland nodded again and saw a spot on the floor. He sat their and pulled out his lap top Ryland bought him. He went to check his grade. He hasn't been to any class that matters but he wanted to check his old grades. He read through his Freshman year and saw they were all A's. He sighed and closed his computer and put it away. He fiddled with his thumbs as he waited for class to be over. "Hi!" A girl said and sat next to him. "I'm Emily," She said. "Woodland," Woodland responded softly. "How old are you?" She asked. "Sixteen," Woodland replied. She nodded. "You're older than me!" She said and giggled. Woodland chuckled. "How old are you?" Woodland asked. "Fifteen, I'll be sixteen in a few months though!" She said. "So not much longer and we'll the same age for a while," Woodland said. She smiled. "Are you a sophomore?" She asked. Woodland shook his head no. "Junior," He said. Her jaw dropped. "How?" She asked. "I skipped eighth grade," He said. She nodded. "So you're smart?" She asked. "What I've been told," He said. She laughed which made him laugh. Study hall ended and Woodland finally had lunch. He went to the cafeteria and got a lunch tray. He looked around and didn't see anyone to sit with. He sighed and went to sit with Shane. "Where are you going?" A teacher asked. "To the principle," Woodland said. "You need to eat in here," She said. "No, I don't he said I could eat in there," Woodland said. "I'm sorry, you can't leave the cafeteria," She said. Woodlands jaw clenched. "I can have you fired," He growled at her. She crossed her arms. "The principle, Shane Adams-Yaw, is my dad!" Woodland told her. She rolled her eyes. "I don't believe that," She said. "Woodland!" They heard. Woodland turned and saw Lucas running up to him. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I wanna go eat with Shane and she won't let me," Woodland explained to him. Lucas looked at the teacher. "Why won't you let him eat with his dad?" Lucas asked. "I don't believe him," She said. "I'll call him," Lucas said looking at Woodland. Woodland nodded and Lucas pulled out his phone and called Shane. "Hey Lucas, what's wrong?" Shane asked through the phone after Lucas put him on speaker. "Woodland wants to come eat with you and this teacher won't let him," Lucas said. "Why not?" Shane asked. "I don't know, ask her you're on speaker," Lucas said. "Excuse me?" Shane asked. "Mr. Adams-Yaw, I don't believe he is telling the truth," The teacher said. "Is his name Woodland?" Shane asked. "That's what Lucas called him," She said. "Then he's telling the truth," Shane said. "I'm sorry sir," She said. "It's fine, let them go," He said. "Yes sir!" She said. "Lucas?" Shane asked. "Yes sir?" Lucas asked. "You're welcome to come eat here too if you'd like," Shane said. "Thanks," Lucas said and hung up. They looked at her and she let them through. "Bitch," Woodland said after they walked away from hearing range. Lucas laughed. They got to the office and went back to Shanes office. The door was closed so they knocked. "Come in!" Shane yelled from the other side. Woodland opened the door and they walked in. "Hey guys!" Shane said with a smile. "Hi," They said back. Woodland looked up and saw Ryland. "Hey Ryland!" Woodland said with a smile. "Hey, Woody!" Ryland smiled. "Who's Ryland?" Lucas whispered to Woodland. "My other adoptive dad," Woodland whispered back. Lucas said oh and they sat down. "Woodland, what happened to you're eye!" Ryland asked after noticing it was bruised. "Nothing!" Woodland said. Shane glared at him. "Tanner Woodland you know how I feel about lying," Shane warned and went back to typing on his computer. "I got in a fight," He said. "What?! With who?!" Ryland asked and rushed over to him. Woodland pointed to Lucas who was sitting next to him. "Lucas," Woodland pointed to him. Ryland looked at him confused. "We're best friends its okay!" Woodland and Lucas said at the same time which caused them to laugh. Shane chuckled from his chair and Ryland walked back over and sat in a chair next to Shane. "I don't even want to know!" Ryland said. "I've never told them what I told you," Woodland whispered to Lucas. "Why not?" Lucas whispered back. Woodland shrugged. "You should tell them," Lucas said. "What are you two whispering about?" Ryland asked. "Nothing," Woodland shrugged. Then the bell rang. "Bye Woody!" Lucas said and left. "Bye," Woodland said. "I wanna go home," Woodland said. "Why?" Shane asked. "I don't feel safe. Yeah, Lucas is a good distraction but I don't feel safe at all," Woodland said. Shane frowned and looked at Ryland. "I'll take you home baby," Ryland said. Woodland nodded. "Bye," Shane said and kissed Ryland real quick. "Bye Woody!" Shane said. "Bye Shane," Woodland said and followed Ryland out. "I'm checking Woodland out," Ryland told her. She nodded and Ryland signed the paper. "Let's go," Ryland said. Woodland nodded and followed him out. Woodland got in the car and buckled up. "Can I use your phone?" Woodland asked. "Yeah," Ryland answered and handed it to him. "Thanks," Woodland said.

What is Lukes number? Woodland texted Shane. Shane sent back his number and Woodland said thanks. Woodland texted Lucas.

Hey I'm on Rylands phone. Woodland sent

Cool :)

I checked out btw.

Why?

Wasn't feeling good.

Oh feel better! <3

Lol thanks

They got home and Woodland stayed in the living room. We turned on the television and watched The Conjuring. He said on the couch with popcorn and a root beer. "You okay Woodland?" Ryland asked and sat next to him on the couch. "Yeah," Woodland said and paused the movie. "Why'd you want to come home?" He asked. "I don't feel safe there. Yeah Shanes there and he'd protect me but," Woodland sighed. "After what I've been through his hard to get over," Ryland nodded and rubbed his back. "You watching The Conjuring?" Ryland asked. Woodland nodded as he took a sip of his drink. "Mind if I join you?" He asked. "Sure," Woodland said and handed him some popcorn. Ryland said thanks and Woodland played the movie.