11 | advanced interrogation mode

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter eleven
ADVANCED
INTERROGATION MODE
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐chapter elevenADVANCED INTERROGATION MODE└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ─────

THE FIRST THING THAT Lena does when she gets home is answer Graham's texts. After realizing he didn't have anything to do with the secrets Peter and Ned had kept from her, she feels guilty for even jumping to the conclusion in the first place. Graham is her best friend— he would never keep something like that from her.

LENA BENA: tell your fam that i'm ok!! i promise.

Graham's reply comes lightning fast.

GRAHAM CRACKER: if you say so

GRAHAM CRACKER: BUT BITCH YOU WON!!! flash posted the trophy all over instagram. he can shove it up his ass for all i care because he probably didn't do anything

LENA BENA: he didn't

GRAHAM CRACKER: i knew it

The next day at school, Lena notices an immediate change when she walks through the entrance. It comes in the form of a younger girl — maybe a freshman — that she doesn't recognize. She sprints up to her, causing Lena to remove her earbuds and cut off the sound of the Beach Boys in confusion.

"How did it feel to be rescued by Spider-Man?" the girl questions, her brown eyes wide with wonder.

Oh, right. She'd momentarily forgotten she was on the news.

"Um, pretty cool," she responds vaguely. When that doesn't seem to be enough to get the girl to leave, she adds, "His biceps were great."

It doesn't take her long to realize that the Spider-Man craze has swept the entire school. People she doesn't even know keep approaching her to ask her about the incident and if Spider-Man really is 'that strong.' She's not jealous at all that her alter ego never got this much attention— especially when she notices Peter's full-blown smile as he walks down the hallway, which means he hasn't gotten expelled.

She turns her attention to the daily newscast just as they begin their segment on the weekend's events.

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the National Championship," Jason reports as a slideshow of pictures from the competition appears on the screen. "Later that day, they also defeated death."

"Explosion! Sally screaming, Flash screaming, everybody screaming!" Abe shouts from the front of the Washington Monument. Lena vaguely remembers receiving a shock blanket from a paramedic outside of the building, and they must have filmed these interviews while she was sitting with the nice lady.