Paladins? pssh. More like Demalidins

Percy Jackson's POV

"So what do you think of these paladins?" I asked Jason with airquotes. I would be asking Annabeth this but she's busy with battle plans with Chiron, Allura, and what was the other one? Cheerio?

"I don't know. If the paladins can't trust Allura to tell them everything, then should we trust her?"

"I don't know, man. But I think two of them are in the arena. Do you want to go check it out? "

"Sure, better than doing nothing."

We run to the arena. As demigods we prefer to run than to walk . Wastes our time.

There are two paladins, as I thought. The Tall Nico ™ and the tall Leo. One is holding a black sword, definitely not Greek, and the other is holding a blue futuristic rifle. They were wearing a piece of armor on their left arm that, on command can form into a shield.

They looked intense in their training. I suppose the giants were supposed to come around the same day as the bad aliens. But I do guess it makes sense. They're used to battling them in space-I guess long enough away that they won't have to worry about them attacking Earth.

"Oh, uh, hey!" The tall Leo greeted.
Tall Nico ™ just waved.

"Hey. We were wondering if we could train with you guys." The Tall Leo shrugged. So that was pretty much a yes. Jason already had his sword strapped to his side and of course I had Riptide in my pocket.

I grabbed Riptide and twirled it in my fingers. "Pssh. Are you actually going to use a pen in combat? Against an Altean rifle?"
Tall Leo scoffed. Tall Nico ™ just have him an exasperated look.
"Quit it Lance. Who knows, maybe it could turn into a sword, like a weirdly disguised Bayard or something."

Lance ignored him. "Whatevs Keith."
A small pink flush spread across Keith's face. Maybe put of frustration? I've seen a similar flush like that with Nico, when Senpai Solace (Oh my gods, Nico is gonna kill me! Totally worth it though, right??) Didn't notice him. I don't know.

I uncapped Riptide and it grew into it's bronze glory. I looked at Lance with triumph as he was gawking at my sword. "Since when do pens do that?!" Keith chuckled softly. ( kinda like Nico does with Will, and vise versa) Jason drew out his non-shape-shifting
sword (aka a really lame one) "shall we duel?" I asked with a mid evil knight sort of voice. Lance regained his posture and nodded. Keith did the same.

We charged. Me vs Lance and Grace vs Keith. He fired at me light blue laser bullets, and I easily dodged each one. I swing at his rifle, hoping to knock it out of his grip. Just as I was about to, his rifle morphed into a non-greek broadsword. He blocked my offense easily. "You're not the only one with shapeshifting weapons!" I grunted and pulled my sword away, but quickly attacked again, just to have him block it.

"How come you don't use a sword more often, you're pretty good."

"Because I'm the sharp-shooter of the team, obviously!"

I managed to get a look at Jason without losing my posture or anything. Keith had dirt along his back, so he must have fallen at some point. Jason seemed to have it really under control. Lance managed to look too, and must have gotten distracted, because his posture became loose and yelled, "Keith, come on, stop being modest. You've been the paladin of the Black Lion and you're getting beat up by a kid?!"

I took this as my opportunity to strike. I got my blade close to the handle of his broadsword and knocked it out of his hand. He looked back at me in shock. That's what you get for being distracted by your boyfriend I thought.

"Fine, fine, you win." He admitted in defeat. I looked over at Jason and Keith and saw Jason pointing his sharp blade at a fallen Keith, his (bayard?) Laying next to him.

I look back over at Lance and see something glowing above his head. It was a golden lyre, a child of Apollo. I reluctantly now down to him, as he's all confused. Jason looked over at us saw he was being claimed too. It was strange, knowing Apollo, he would have wanted all of camp to see. But I don't know, this could be a book on a writing website and the author didn't know a better time than know. Probably not though.

The light slowly faded away, and Lance is both confused and scared. "It's okay, Lance," said Keith. " i think you're a demigod, and that's a thing they go through. "

He looked over at me to confirm his suspicions. I nodded.

"What demigod am I then?"
"Son of Apollo. "
"Oh, cool.... Who is he?" He pointed toward Keith. I wanted to say boyfriend but didn't. He had red smoke above his head, in the midst of it all was a boar head. "A son of Ares." I say kind of disappointed . Besides Frank I didn't have good experiences with his children or Ares himself.

Jason and I bowed before him, with Lance following our lead.

The smoke and animal head dissipated, and Lance asked, "who the qiznak (which I'm guessing is a naughty word) is Ares?"

i sighed. He wasn't my favorite paladin. "The war god."
"This actually makes a lot of sense to be honest!" Me Jason and Keith sighed in exasperation. "Come on guys, we need to find Chiron." I said, then we left to do just that.

A/N: AYYY! I will eventually be making a Miraculous Lady bug Fanfic if any of you guys are interested in that. If you're not but a friend is, tell them when I tell you it's out, ok? But you don't have to ig. I will eventually make a chapter about it, perhaps the next chapter, maybe towards the end, who knows!

~Cheese