A Purple Campfire

Pidge's POV

The conch horn blew obnoxiously loud, signalling it was time for dinner. I honestly didn't want to leave what I was doing, which was helping Leo Valdez with updating the Argo II with Altean Technology.  To be honest, we have grown closer. He's been telling me a lot about the history of demigods, and the wars, and just Greek mythology in general. In turn, I've told him about what all was out there. The aliens, the technological advancements, the battles. It has helped us grow a bond.

I waved Leo goodbye, for he was told to stay a bit longer to do... whatever he was doing. Either way I was jealous.

I wasn't sure what the seating arrangements were gonna be tonight as all the paladins were now claimed.  I am kinda hoping that we'll all be put in the same table again, but that might not happen.

+++

I arrived at the pavilion maybe five minutes after the horn blew. ( Curse these short legs!) I saw that the paladins were all sitting together again, and I was thankful. I really didn't like to sit with strangers.... That's just awkward.

I sat down where the fifth plate was and the usual hotdog and bug juice popped up from thin air. I could tell as it was the usual, as it seemed some people were about to cry, or groaned loudly.

"So, like, Pidge. Who's that Leo guy? Is he the one that played the prank on the Hypnos cabin? Or was that the Stolls?" Lance asked.

"That was Leo. And who are the Stolls?"

Lance grinned. "The Stolls are the pranksters here.  After training with Keith for a bit I caught them planting weeds and spraying this potion-Like substance all over the Demeter cabin. I may or may not have joined them."

"Lance! That's mean and rude! Were trying to get them to like us not despise us." Shiro lectured.

Lance ignored him.
"So what does that have to do with Leo?" I asked.

"Oh I was just wondering if he compared to the Stolls."

"Well if it makes you feel better," Keith spoke up, angrily, as usual. "I was off training earlier today, by myself,  and then the combat things just came to life and almost killed me. Because of Leo Valdez!"

Lance and I began to howl with laughter.

"Tha...thats great!" I laughed.

Lance couldn't speak he was laughing that hard.

Lance and I eventually settled down when Chiron spoke, of course, he occasionally giggled, but for the most part we kept it together.

"Demigods!" Chiron screamed. "We have some new announcements....non war related!" Most of the kids cheered, but the Ares cabin just crossed their arms and pouted.

"First of all!" Chiron began screaming again, interrupting the happy cheering of the campers. "Conner and Travis Stoll! You two have horse and Pegasus duty for a week because of what happened with the Demeter cabin!" I heard a few snickers mostly from the Hermes and Demeter cabin, and two long drawn out sighs from the Stolls.

"Next!" Chiron yelled. "As it turns out," he smiled at us Paladins, "Our allies are demigods too. So, tonight at the campfire, you'll be joining your respectful cabins. And you'll also get a camp t-shirt, since that's also long overdo."

He then began to trot away, most likely towards the campfire.

+++

The campfire was small and a dark, luscious purple. I had no idea what this meant. 

"They're nervous, and or anxious." I heard from beside me. I jumped, but it was just Hunk.

"How do you know?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Leo told me that the campfire changes colors based on the feelings of the crowds that surrounds it. You're not the only one he hangs out with y'know."

"I know."

I grimaced.  "Are they nervous because of the war?"

"Probably."

"They seem pretty happy." Around us, the campers were laughing and chasing one another around the fire, some people were kissing (*cough* Percy and Annabeth *cough*).

"People can lie about their emotions," Hunk said. "But the Campfire knows."

There was silence between us for a while, we still weren't looking at each other, and the noises from the campers were distant, we both stared at the Campfire, as if in a trance.

"Hey, Hunk!" Someone yelled. We both turned around to find Lance waving Hunk over. He jogged over to Lance as he put his arm around him. "Let me introduce you to the Stolls."

"Okay." Hunk glanced back over to me, but then began following Lance to two brown haired boys, presumably the Stoll brothers.

"Alright heroes!" Chiron shouted, trying to attract the  attention of the still wandering campers. "It is time to begin!" He grinned.