Your My Dream (BoyxBoy) 5

*Jessie's POV*

Five dollars. I might take only five dollars if I was dared to lick someone's foot, or do something stupid, but babysitting for six hours straight was worth plenty more to me then five dollars. What could I even buy for five dollars? Even so, I put on my widest smile, and beamed at my mother.

"Thanks mom, you know you don't need to pay me at all" I assured her.

She smiled right back, pleased to see me pleased. "That's bull crap, Jessie, a boy like you needs his money"

I chuckled lightly and nodded. Was our financial situation so bad that my mom was starting to believe five dollars was a lot of money? I sure hoped not. Suddenly I felt a little sick thinking about our money situation. Mom was a sectary and didn't bring in very much money. Dad paid his child support.. Sometime's. mom let this and that slip because he was as bad off as we were. But he didn't have four kids to feed.

I looked around my family's house. It wasn't very nice. The carpets were cheap, as was the used couch we had in our living room. The TV was tiny. The house itself was very small. Mom slept in the living room and kept her stuff in the hallway closet.

Ryan, Kelso, and Kelsey shared a room. I felt awful for Kelsey who had to change in the bathroom and keep her stuff always hidden away because she shared a room with two boys. Ryan and Kelso had the run of the room, and shared a bunk bed well Kelsey slept on a single bed across the room.

Ryan didn't have many toys and Kelso and Kelsey's clothes weren't great. Neither were mine now that I think about it. My best clothes were either from Vanessa or something I'd saved up for myself. I only had my own bedroom because I'd demanded it, otherwise my mom would have had the room to herself.

The more I pondered our money problems, the more I felt sick. I needed out of the house now. "Mom?" I called out, seeing which room she replied from.

"Yes?" she called from the kitchen. I walked in and found her there a cup of tea in her hands, wrapped up in her warm fuzzy house coat.

"I'm going over to Vanessa's Kay?"

She frowned at me, the fine line's etched into her face from constant worrying appeared. "Jess, it's night.. I don't think Vanessa's father will appreciate that very much."

I laughed a very fake laugh. She didn't notice the false tone in it. "It's all worked out, Mr. Stone doesn't mind. I'll be sleeping on their couch."

My mom nodded, still looking concerned. "Want me to drive you?"

I shook my head, mom needed to be getting to sleep soon, not driving me around. "It's not far, I can walk"

She nodded again, her eye's even more worried. "Alright. Be careful please"

I nodded indifferently, put on my jacket, and was out the door. I'd set my watch to sometime early in the morning, then come back here to get ready for school. I just... felt like the walls were closing around me here. I needed to get out of the house.

So into the cold night air I walked. It was actually pretty refreshing, but left a hollow aching inside me to see the stars. The city lights and pollution blocked them out, and even though I knew they were there I longed to see them. The moon was even covered in a smoggy layer of clouds.

Thinking about the lonely and blank night sky got me the rest of the way to Vanessa's house. Her bedroom was the last bedroom in her hall way, so I'd have to be quite getting there. I opened her basement door which was always open and crept through the dark. I'd done this a number of time's and Mr. Stone never minded when he found me sleeping on the couch in the morning.