Chapter Eighteen;

Courtney’s P.O.V

Michael and I were just about to leave our house to go to Belle’s for the evening. Ashton wanted to do something, well anything really, and Belle came up with the magical idea of them throwing a party. This surprised me since she isn't exactly what you'd call the party type, but we were definitely going to attend. She'd told me that her and Ashton had invited a few people, so all I could do was wait and see what was going to happen. Obviously Luke would be there, so I suppose at least we'd know someone besides her and Ashton. I   checked over my appearance in the mirror for a final time, and waited at the front door. Michael was nowhere in sight, but I could hear his footsteps on the other end of the house.

"Mike? Are you ready?" I called out to him.

"Yes baby," He replied, walking through the kitchen doorway over to me. He pulled me into a tight hug, before releasing me.

"Shall we get going then?" I asked, looking up at him.

"We shall." He replied. He opened the front door for me to walk out of, and he followed behind. He locked the door and we crossed the lawn over to the car.

"Courtney?" He said, just before we had reached the car.

"Yeah?" I stumbled as I was walking over the curb, and I instantly felt a pair of strong hands steadying me again. I turned and smiled as a thank you, then continued around to the other side of the car. I unlocked the door and opened it, then waited for Michael to finish what he was saying.

"I have to say, you look absolutely gorgeous babe," He complimented while opening the door to the car. He smirked at me as we both climbed in, with me in the driver's seat.

I still wouldn’t let Michael drive. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust him, I knew he could drive well and I knew he would be capable, I just felt a lot better when I was in control of anymoving vehicle at the moment. Admittedly, I suppose that I was being somewhat paranoid; I definitely wanted to eliminate any risk of Michael being harmed and I guess me being in the driver's seat reassured me that it was safer, no matter how pathetic it was.

My cheeks had turned red at Michael's earlier comment, and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad for a guy that's been in a coma for a couple months, so I guess we're doing well," I poked my tongue out at him, and I started the car.

"Well, I guess you could say that I got more than enough beauty sleep then," He remarked raising an eyebrow at me.

I let out a loud laugh. Oh how this idiot never fails to amuse me, it's fantastic.

"Nah I reckon you could still add on a few more months to be honest," I returned, when I had finally stopped laughing. I pulled out onto the road and we began the drive to Belle’s and Ashton's house.

"Alright babe, I'll keep that in mind," Michael added and softly chuckled in response.

"You know I'm only joking, I love you really," I replied.

"I love you too." He said softly. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him facing me, with a smile etched upon his face.

Michael rested his hand on my thigh as I drove, lightly tracing patterns with his fingers.

I smiled to myself; it was moments like these between Michael and I that made me the happiest.

Around 20 minutes later, I finally parked outside of Isabella’s house. It seemed as thougheveryone else was already here. Michael and I climbed out the car, joint hands and made our way to the front door.