Chapter Twenty;

Courtney’s P.O.V

I was woken up by someone shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Michael sitting up next to me.

“Babe, everyone’s up, I know you’re tired but come on,”

He climbed off of the bed and opened the curtains, so the sun was streaming in through the window.

“One minute,” I said while opening my eyes and slowly sitting up.

I got out of the bed and followed Michael downstairs to the kitchen, where breakfast was being served by Katy. Everyone was sitting around the large table in their pyjamas, except for Ashton. I still found it hard to not laugh in front of Victoria’s face, after our encounter earlier. I could see her cheeks turn red as soon as she saw Michael and I emerge from the stairs.

“Morning,” I greeted, and received a few mumbles and nods in response.

Michael and I walked over to the counter where Katy was serving pancakes, and piled a few onto our plates. We took a seat at the table and ate our breakfast while joining in on the small conversation. Victoria remained silent, and I couldn’t believe that Luke, Isabella and Katy had been so oblivious to the sounds she was making earlier in the morning. Just after we all had finished eating, Ashton opened the door holding his brand new drum kit. Katy greeted Ashton and then went to her bedroom to get dressed. She’d mentioned that she was going out to lunch with a friend, so she could give us some space.

“Hey mate,” Michael said as everyone walked over to Ashton and looked at the instrument he’d just purchased.

“Hey, do you like them? I got them customized and everything,” Ashton said pointing at the graphic on the front of the bass drum, which read ‘ASH XX’.

“It’s pretty cool,” Michael nodded.

“I just can’t wait to play them,” Ashton said. I couldn’t help but laugh, which earned me a warning glare from Ashton and Victoria.

“Will you bang them as hard as you did Victoria last night?” Michael said, laughing and causing Victoria to gasp.

“Excuse me mate, don’t bring that up. At least I’m getting some,” Ashton retorted, seemed smug with his insult.

“Ew okay, this is my cue to leave. Come on, Luke,” Isabella said. She pulled Luke away from the conversation, clearly feeling awkward. Luke laughed and followed her, pulling her into a side hug. They both walked up the stairs and we heard their bedroom door close.

“At least I can keep it in my pants when I’m not at home,” Michael remarked, rolling his eyes.

“Why would you want to keep it in Michael? I mean, you have a girlfriend right there,” Victoria said, looking at me.

“Excuse me? He may have a girlfriend, but that girlfriend has respect,” I snapped.

“I have respect too-” Victoria started, but I cut her off.

“And plus, if I wanted to fuck my boyfriend while I was here, I would have at least kept quiet about it,”

“Hey, stop being rude to Vic,” Ashton butted in.

“Sorry,” I said.

“It’s okay. Now, can we stop talking about that part of last night and think of something else to do?” Ashton asked.

“I need to take a shower first,” I said turning around, with Michael right behind me. We climbed the stairs to our bedroom, passing Luke and Belle’s room as we did so.