Nerves

MAYAS POINT OF VIEW
Today is my parents wedding anniversary and Charlie is about to pick me up to go to the venue I bought. "Okay maya stop pacing why are you nervous?" "I don't know Riley." The doorbell rings and I start freaking out. Okay Maya it's not a date. Just be chill. Okay. I open the door and I see Charlie . We both say "Wow."

"

I look down at the necklace Lucas gave me

I look down at the necklace Lucas gave me. Maybe I should take it off. I mean after all me and Charlie are together. But Lucas got this for me before we were more then friends. I decide to keep it on and put on the bracelet Charlie gave me. 

We both smile. We start walking to his car and he says to me "you're still a shorty even with heels." I rolls my eyes. "I don't know what to say to that." "Well Maya I think you look gorgeous." My face gets really red. He starts laughing and says "you look like a tomato." I look over at Charlie and I lean in so I'm close to his ear and I say "you look really sexy." I sit back in my seat and I smile seeing Charlie getting frazzled.

CHARLIE POINT OF VIEW
PLAY THE SONG ABOVE
After we finish setting up for the party me and maya do mic check. After mic check everyone starts walking in and me and maya take all of their coats and bags.

LUCAS POINT OF VIEW
Half of the party is over until slow songs start playing. I take the opportunity to ask Maya to dance with me since she has been occupied with Charlie all day. I walk over to Maya and I take her hand. "I don't want to. Please don't make me." "just follow my lead." I pull her out of her seat and we start to dance. She looks me in the eyes and I look back at her. I look into her deep blue eyes and I get lost. One of my hands travel up to her cheek cupping it softly and running my thumb across it everynow and then. She says "I don't want to slow dance in the dark." Her eyes look glossy and she looks uncomfortable. "What wrong maya? Did I do something?" Her eyes go back to normal and she keeps dancing. I get lost in her eyes again and I start to lean in and she she slowly moves head back she quietly says "please stop." She walk away and sits back in her seat. The band that was previously playing announces us to go on stage and we go up there. Everything is going well until it reaches a lyric "would it really kill you if we kissed." Maya looks at me. After that line she walks off the stage and takes a glass of wine and goes outside. I drop my guitar and I run after Maya. "Maya!" She turns around and there are tears in her face. "I'm sorry Lucas. Can you just get Charlie." "No because it has to do with me. You have a problem with me so talk to me." It goes on like this for a while until we're just yelling at each other. People start to come outside and Maya stops and walks away. "So your just not going to talk to me anymore." "Can we please pretend like this never happened? I'm sorry. You're stressing me out and I don't want to talk to you." I hold her face in my hands and she's still crying "you told me to never be sorry for the way you feel and that's exactly what you're doing. You have nothing to be sorry about because you can't help the way you feel." I wipe away her tears and she just looks in my eyes. I kiss her forehead and I take her hand and we walk back to the venue.

CHARLIES POINT OF VIEW
Maya gets back to the venue and they're cutting the cake. Me and Maya both get a piece and she smiles at me. She takes a piece in her hand and she smears it across my face. I look at maya and I smash the cake on her head. I take some off of her head and I smear it across her lips. She leans in and kisses me. "I've never felt this way about anyone before." I kiss Maya again and she kisses me back. She goes into the bathroom and I go in with her. "I hate you. Why would you do that?" "It was fun right. Come on loosen up and stop being a Charlie. You got this in my hair I should be the one who's upset. She washes her hair out in the sink and I watch her. She walks over to me with a cloth and starts to wipe my face off. I start to peck at her lips and she smiles. "Stop it. Your face will never be clean if you don't stop distracting me." "But I'm a good distraction." She shakes her head no while saying "not right now." She finishes wiping off my face and leaves the bathroom. I leave after her and say "you look like a wet dog." "Thank you." "But you'll always be beautiful." She looks at me. "Thank you." She straightens out my suit and adjust my hair. We walk back into the main room and we slow dance.

His hand trails to the small of my back and I lay my head on his shoulder. "I love you. I love you so much more then you could ever understand. I love you Maya." I laugh a little and say "are you about to break up with me you're getting all mushy." "No I just can't see my life without you." I sniffle and bury my head in his neck. "Oh please don't cry. I'm sorry." "You did nothing wrong I'm happy. I love you too." Tear start to fall down my cheek and Charlie wipes them away. "I've just never had someone love me this much. I just really love you Charlie." He rubs my back then suddenly lets go and gets down on one knee. I can't remember anything after that.