Chapter X

Crystal's POV

After the whole power testing thing, Peter and I decided to go out and get some Ice cream. I know it sounds stupid, but ice cream might just help lift my mood up. Peter took me to his favorite Ice cream shop. It was pretty late at night. But, the shop was still open. We walked inside and I sat on one of the chairs. Peter sat on the chair next to me. He ordered ice cream for the both of us.

I sat there, resting my head on his shoulder. I started silently crying. Tears started dropping. While Peter ate his ice cream and comforts me. I didn't even realize that my ice cream had started melting to my hand. The cone was already a little soggy. I immediately ate my ice cream. And Peter chuckled as I struggled to lick all the melted ice cream.

Gosh, what am I gonna do? Ben is going after me, and if he fails, Stryker will. And for Goodness' sake, I can't risk losing Peter. If there's one thing I know about my brother, is that he will do anything and everything to get what he wants. And I mean anything. Should I hide? Should I hand myself over? Should I seek for help?

While a million questions flew inside my head, Peter was just sitting there. Staring at me. I could feel his eyes stare at me. He slid a finger under my chin and lifted it so he could see me in the eyes. He gave me a look of... Confusion? I took time to read his mind. 'Did Ben do something that traumatized her? I mean, besides kidnapping her.' he thought. His thought made me feel even worse. He cared about me so much. Yet, all I did was put him and his family in danger.

"So, do you wanna go home? You can stay at my place again if you want." Peter offered, snapping me out of my trance

"Oh, It's okay, Peter. I can take care of myself."

"But, what if Ben finds you?"

"I'll kick his ass." I said with a slight sass.

He chuckled and looked down to the floor before looking at me in the eyes again.

"You are one hell of a woman."

"Well, thank you Mr. Maximoff."

We both laughed and talked for a little while. The next thing we know was that the shop was closing and we need to get out. We walked to my house. He didn't use his powers to take me home. I read his mind, he was doing this on purpose because he wanted to spend more time with me. He's so sweet. Time went by so quickly, i was already home.

I walked to the porch where Peter and I first met. I look at him and hugged him so tightly. He hugged me back. He makes me feel so safe.

"If anything happens, call me, and I'll come." he said, for once projecting a very serious and protective energy.

"I will, Silver."

"Okay. Stay safe, Crystal."

I toom my keys out and unlocked the door. I looked back, hoping to see Peter. But, he was gone. I walked inside and threw my jacket and my hat to the couch. I walked to my bedroom and took a set of clothes to change into. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

I walked out of the bathroom while drying my hair when I saw a shadow of a figure sitting on the chair inside me bedroom. Judging from his figure, it's a male. It's Peter, isn't it? I chuckled and walked over to the figure.

"Peter, you can stop. I know it's you." I said.

"How sweet." the figure spoke with a deep voice. He stood up and walked over to me. He walked circling me like I'm his prey.

"You think Peter loves you?"

Step

"Do you love him too?"

Step

"Do you want to protect him?"

Step

"Do you want to save him?"

Step. He stopped right in front of me.

"I did tell you that I'm gonna get you, no matter what." he said with a grin. Ben.

"You have two options. Come with me now, and I'll pretend I've never known Peter and his Family. Or you can keep running and hiding, and I hand Peter and his family to stryker."

He knows how to get me now. He will always use Peter against me. He knows I can't put him in danger. I have to protect him. And with my position right now, it's the only way Peter will be safe.

"If I come with you, you have to let me wipe your memories of him and his family. Deal?" I bargained. I don't trust he'll leave Peter alone.

"If that means you're coming with me, deal."

I used my powers to wipe off all the memories he had about Peter and his family. He then took me to his car. It was a long drive, after around 1 hour, I fell asleep.

*****************

"Crystal?" Peter said, with a worried look.

"Peter?"

A look of relief appeared on his face. A smile grew on his face. His sweet smile made me fall in love all over again. Everything about him made me feel like I'm safe.

I'm loved.

But then my eyes opened.

And I'm dragged to a reality.

Where I am completely alone.

A/N

Good? Bad? Confusing? Addictive? Come on, gimme critics or sumtin. I'd appreciate votes too :v hahaha. Anyways, thanks again for choosing my book. Luv y'all!

Thank youuuuuu ♥

~ Felicia ~