Chapter XXII

Crystal's POV

I look at my surroundings. It's beautiful. A large tree on top of the hill. Peter next to me. We're having a picnic. Peter intertwined hie hands in mine and locked his eyes with mine.

"I love you, Crystal." He said.

"I love you too, Silver."

"Hey, that's not fair. I still don't have a nickname for you." He said with a grin.

"Well, deal with it, Quicksilver!" I said with a smile.

I stood up and so did he. I took his hat and ran off down the hill. Well, tried to at least. He caught me in a zap. I totally forgot he was a speedster.

"Haha! Caught ya." He said.

He leaned down and kissed my temple. I look up and stared at his hazelnut eyes. I lifted my hands and gently cup his face. One of his hands were holding my hand and the other was on my waist.

"Crystal..." He started.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Will you... Um... Will you be my girlfriend?" He said.

I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

I jumped and hugged him tightly. He hugged be back before he started losing his balance. I held him so he doesn't fall.

"Peter? Are you alright?"

"I... I don't know." he said

He started havung seizures and he collapsed. His eyes were rolled back and foam was coming out of his mouth. Suddenly...

He stopped.

"P-Peter?" I asked

No response.

I look behind him and there he was. Maximus. Standing there with an evil grin. He started laughing. I jumped and ran to him. I tackled him down only to find myself falling to the ground.

"Ah, Crystal. Such a shame isn't it? A young and sweet boy, dead. Because of you." he said.

"Stay away from me, you... You MONSTER!" I shouted.

"Ah ah ah, not so fast, Crystal. You see, this... This is just a warning. You don't want anything to happen to your precious 'Boyfriend' aye?" he said,making sure to make quotation marks as he said boyfriend.

"W-what?"

"I'll break it down for ya. I don't have to hurt everyone around you, ya know. I just want to have a little competition with ya. Meet me at the lake near your old house tomorrow at 3 PM. And maybe, I won't kill your precious Peter." he said.

My eyes fluttered open. It was a nightmare. Or was it? Was it really Max? If this is real, then My plan would not work. I planned on waiting for him to come back and then Wanda and the professor would try to kill him within someone's mind. Sounds stupid but it might work, you know.

Now, now I have to take care of him by myself. I'll take him down. We'll see who's stronger now, Max. I look at my clock. It says 11 AM. I overslept. I stood up and stretch. I took a shower and change into a pair of leggings and a plain black T-shirt.

I walked downstairs and was greeted by Wanda in the kitchen. She was staying here for the week. She said she wanted to have some time away from her mother.

"Hey Crystal!" she greeted.

"Hey, what are you making?" I asked.

"Pancakes. Oh and, have you seen Peter?"

"No, why?"

"I think he left this morning. Maybe he went to visit Lorna. She misses him." she said.

I shrugged it off and made a cup of coffee before sitting on the dining chair. Wanda handed me a plate of pancakes and I ate it. I check the clock, it's 12 PM already. I better get ready. I don't want Max to hurt my friends. If I die, I'll die alone.

I walked toeards the stairs before looking back at Wanda. I'll miss her. I went back and gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Wanda."

"What for?"

"Being a good friend."

"No problem, Crystal. Just talk to me if you need anything."

I nodded and continued walking upstairs. I went into my room and took a piece of paper and a pen. I wrpte all I needed to say to my friends just in case I don't come back.

I made a box made of ice. It won't melt as long as I'm alive. It'll vaporate if I die. I put my letter in there and change onto my training gear. It's way more comfortable to fight in it. I look at the clock once again. 2 PM. I have to be at the lake in an hour. I better get going.

I ran downstairs and ran to the professor's garage. I took chose one of his cars and turned it on with my electricity powers. It comes in handy sometimes.

I drove out and headed for my old house. Even the thought of that house makes me feel nauseous. why did he choose the lake? Ugh, it's because he wants to make me feel uneasy isn't it.

'Why, yes Crystal. You better hurry. He isn't doing very well.' Someone said in my head.

Oh no...

Peter...