Chapter XXIII

Crystal's POV

I drove as fast as I could. I arrived at half past 2 and immediately ran to the lake. He was already waiting for me.

"Where's Peter?"

"He's here. Don't worry about it."

"Tell me where he is." I said

"Ah ah ah, not so soon Crystal. Or should I say..."

Don't. He better not or so help me I'll kill him.

"Elementelle" he said with a grin.

That's it, I've had enough of this. I ran and tackled him to the ground. He threw me with his telekinesis and I hit a tree.

"Feisty, are we?" he said.

I gritted my teeth and froze his legs to the ground. Then I threw fireballs at him. He used his telekinesis to dissipate the flames. Put both my hands up and let fire shoot out of my right hand and ice shoot out of my left hand. He tried to block both but failed. He had a pretty bad burn om his face and torso.

"Ugh! Enough!" he said

Suddenly, I saw felt a gush of wind. I look around me and I saw silver wisp. I knew immediately that it was Peter. He ran behind me and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground, pain all over my body. I tried standing up but failed miserably. I started coughing blood.

I looked all around, trying to find Peter but he was gone. So was Max.

Or so I thought.

I saw max standing there, right where I froze his legs. He was pulling a mind trick. That's why I couldn't see him before. I stood up and I felt anger burning inside of me. I felt flame emerging on my hands and I extended my hands.

Just as I was about to shoot the flames, Peter circled me. He spun around me. The flames on my arms started dying. I couldn't breathe. He was sucking all the air around me. Flames can't light up without Oxygen.

I look up and tried to focus on his steps.

Peter, please don't do this

Step

God, please

Step

I don't want to do this

Step

I'm sorry, Peter.

I froze his legs and shot him with a little bit of electricity. Just enough to knock him out. He laid there limp on the ground. I froze his legs and hands so they're pinned on the ground. I ran towards max and saw that the ice around his legs were already melted.

"Why won't you just give up, Crystal?!" he said

I looked at him and limped towards him.

"Because unlike you. I don't give up." I said.

I threw a fireball next to him and he flew into the lake. I froze the top of the lake and I made the water push him down. I stepped on the ice and shoot electricity into the water.

I finally snapped back into reality. I just killed Max. I killed my own cousin. I truly am a Monster.

"Crystal?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I knew it was Peter. So, I just turned around and stared at the ice below me. Max is dead, he's somewhere in there. I look up and see Peter walking towards me. He looked concerned.

"Did you kill him?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes I did." I said.

He pulled my wrist and i bumped onto his chest. He lets go of my wrist and put his hand on my back and the other on my head. He started crying.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone after him. I shouldn't have fallen for his trap-"

"It's okay, Peter. It isn't your fault." I cut him off.

"I'm so sorry." he said, sniffling.

I let him cry before leading him towards the car. I was too tired to drive so Peter drove us back to the mansion. I dozed off after several minutes.

I woke up and saw that I was in my room. Peter must've carried me. I stood up and stretched before walking downstairs. I saw Peter and Wanda holding mugs. I assume they were drinking coffee or tea.

"Hey, Crystal! Feeling better?" Wanda asked.

"Yea, how long was I out?" I asked.

"A week." she said

"Oh, wow. That explains why I'm starving." I said.

She laughed. Peter on the other hand, he just looked at me and looked back at his coffee. He seems to be... Avoiding contact with me? What's going on here.

"Peter!?" I heard a voice called. Hank.

"Yea!?" Peter replied

"Samantha is here!" he said.

"Who's Samantha?" I asked.

"She's um, m-my friend." he stuttered.

Before I could reply, he ran out of the room. I could tell that he was lying. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't jealous. I stormed out of the kitchen and walked upstair.

"Crystal?" I heard Wanda called, but I ignored her.

"Crystal please wait!" She said. Again, I ignored her.

I went into my room and closed the door. I fell to the floor and start to think of Peter with another girl. We aren't even dating. Why would he want me? Now that I'm weak. I'm not even pretty. I let my tears flow and lied on my bed. I close my eyes and sleep.

A few moments later, I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door.

"Crystal? It's me, Wanda."

"..."

"Look, I'm going to the grocery store. Do you want anything?" She asked.

"Can you get me some Chocolate Ice Cream?" I said.

"Of course. I'll grab some candy bars too. You know, we both could use a girl's night!" She said with a hint of excitement.

"Yea... Yes we do.." I said with a chuckle.

"Yay! Okay, I'll see you tonight!" she said.

"See you." I said

------------------------
Later that day

It's 8 PM and Wanda hasn't gotten back. Neither has Peter. I'm starting to worry about them. What if they got kidnapped? What if something happened to them?

I changed onto a black T-shirt and a pair of jeans before going downstairs. As if on cue, Peter walked in with tears on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Wanda..." He said, letting out sobs.

"What's with Wanda?"  I asked.

"She's... She's dead."

HERE YA GO, A DECENT CHAPTER. Soooo sorry I haven't updated in 5 days now? Sorry, I'm just super busy this week. I was in Singapore for 2 days, in camp for 2 days, and currently in a black belt test. So yeah, HOPE YA ENJOYYYY