Chapter XXI

Peter's POV

I woke up from my blackout soon after. I saw Crystal looking at me with anger and sadness at the same time. Then, I remembered what I did. I threw a vase at her and I shouted at her. But, that wasn't me. I'd never ever hurt her. She's too precious to me.

"Crystal? What happened?" I asked.

"You threw a vase at me." She said, her eyes filled with anger.

"No, I mean. What happened? How did I black out?" I asked again, her eyes soften a little.

"It was him." She said.

"Him? Who? Ben?"

"N-no, Maximus."

"Maximus who?" I was confused.

"My cousin. He's a mind controller. And a telepath as well." she said.

"We should probably tell the professor." I proposed.

She just nodded and we made our way down the stairs towards the Professor's room. We knocked on the door and he didn't answer. I could hear his mumbles. His mumbles started getting more intense. He started shouting.

I kick open the door and he was holding his ears with his hands. Beins popping all around his face. His eyes, bloodshot. He glanced at us before turning back and stared at the floor. Mumbling nonsense.

"Professor? Are yo-"

"Stop, he needs concentrate on fighting him." Crystal cut me off.

I saw him fight in his mental battle for the next several minutes before he finally calms down. He sighed loudly and we let him relax for a bit.

"I suppose you're here because of him, aren't you?" The professor said.

"So, you already know?" I asked

"Yes. Did he get into any of you?" He asked.

"Yea, he got into my mind. He got into Wanda's mind too, remember?" I said.

"He's getting strong. Crystal, do you remember who he is?" he asked.

"She do-"

"No, I don't." She cuts me off.

"Hmm" the professor looked at us with a sinister expression.

"Don't. Lie. To. Me." he said.

"Get out of him, Max." she said again.

"Ahh, you know. Smart girl." he said before letting out an evil laugh.

I gritted my teeth and so did Crystal. I could tell that she was about to unleash her powers. Her hands were starting to burn. I was ready to stop her if she did.

"Get out of him. Now." she said.

"What about... no" he said.

Suddenly he passed out. I look behind us, and Wanda was there. Her hand extending towards the professor. She was helping him with getting Max out. She started moving her hands around and more red mist started projecting from her hands.

She finally stopped and started breathing really fast. So did the professor. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Thank you, Wanda." he said.

"Sure thing." she said.

The professor then wheeled himself towards Crystal and I.

"Now you two." he said.

"we have a lot to talk about." he added.

We started talking about Maximus. Where he's from. Who he is. What he is capable of. And how we could possibly take him down. We learnt that it's harder for him to control people with strong minds. But, it is still very easy for him to play with our emotions.

"I have a plan." Crystal said.

"Which is?" both the professor and I asked in unison.

To be continued...

A/N

WELL HOW'S THAT CLIFFHANGER? I'm so so so so sorry i didn't update sooner! I'm just really busy rn! No kidding! I'm srs. Ugh I hate school rn. Tests after tests after tests AND IT'S ONLY THE 3RD WEEK OF SCHOOL! (The tests started like last week so... WHY?!) so yea. Sorry the chapter was pretty short, I'll write a longer one ASAP!

Thank youuuuu ♥

~Felicia ~