The Mission

Hey this is my first fanfic, really hope you like it! I know I am not the best writer but please comment and tell what you think. Even if you don't like I still want to know that! So here goes!

I dedicate this chapter to Erza_Lucy25 for giving me the idea!

Thanks for reading this!

*********************************

Lucy's POV

The morning sun shined through the window and onto my face, making my eyes squeeze tight, not wanting to get up. But I knew I had to go to the guild, I had promised my best friend that I would go on a mission with him today.

Groaning I flopped out of my warm, cozy and comfortable bed. Picking out the clothes for the day I took a white and pink striped tank top and a blue mini shirt into the bathroom, where I took a hot shower. When I emerged from the stemming room I looked perfect. Normal hair style and brown boots that almost reached my knees. With a smile on my face I walked cheerfully to the guild where I knew I was being waited for.

The sun was shining down everywhere, the air was swayed by the soft breeze. Birds could be heard chirping in delight of the beautiful morning.

This will be a good day, I can tell!

As I approached the guild, I could already tell there was some form of a commotion going on inside. Moat likely Natsu and Grey fighting...again. And not to my surprise, I was correct. Half of the guild was punching, kicking, biting, pulling hair. One thing that always confused me was that they almost never used magic in the ruckuses. Only their fists.

Carefully I walked toward the bar, where a woman with beautiful curly, white hair was cleaning a jug with a rag.

"Morning Mira!" I chimed.

"Good morning, someone seems very happy today." Mira pointed out.

Nodding I answered.

"It is such a beautiful morning, how can one not be happy?"

"Lushie!!!!" A high voice sounded, coming closer and closer. A blue cat crashed into me. Hugging me so that I may not breathe.

"Happy, whats going on?" I couldn't help but laugh at the winged cat.

"I heard you say my name, so you called me and I came!"

"Oh, I guess I did." Realizing my mistake I turned the conversation. "Hey, where is Natsu? We are going on a job today!"

Happy froze, and slowly pointed to the dust ball of hectic brawls. I sighed and walked up to the job board, trying to find a job that Natsu wouldn't be bored with and that I could still help in some ways.

There was one for chasing pigs, cleaning a shrine and even cooking ones. None seemed to interest me when one caught my eye. It said.

"Our family heirloom has been stolen, a stone with rune engravings that says the past of family. Will pay highly for the person to retrieve this precious stone."

Seemed easy enough, but still a challenge for Natsu's taste. Also as a bonus the pay was 80,000 jewels, much more than I needed for myself. I ripped the paper off the board and sat down in my usual spot, on the table with a view of the whole guild. Also a good spot to stay away from the ongoing rage of the members.

While I was examining the paper more thoroughly, I felt a presence behind me. Jumping I spun around to see who the culprit was, Natsu was reading over my shoulder.

"Natsu, you scared me to death!" I screamed.

He just calmly looked up and smiled.

"I this the job you picked out?"

I remembered the paper which was hiding behind my back, handing it to him I asked.

"Y-yes. You think it will be okay?"

He read, eyes moving from side to side. Then he looked up with his flashy grin.

"This looks great, lets go!" He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the front of the guild. Laughing with Happy flying next to his shoulder.

"Good luck you two!" I hear Mira shout as she waved. I tried to wave back but the huge wooden doors had already closed.

We had arrived at the train station, I looked back to the paper to see where we needed to go. The paper said in the town of Niedle. It wasn't far from Fiore, only about two hours by train.

"Why cant we just walk?" Natsu complained.

"Because, that would take at least a day!" I grabbed the hem of his scarf and dragged him onto the train. The instant it started moving he became immovable, and green. Feeling sorry for the guy I laid his gurgling head on my lap, his mouth made a funny grin in between his gags. Giggling I rubbed his back and fluffed his messy pink hair.

I starred out the window to the vast valley of trees, bushes and shrubs. The sun was still high in the sky, it was so peaceful...my eye lids felt heavy. Slowly they fell down, I fought to keep them open but soon sleep over took me.