Nightmare

Hey, I am at a senior center today helping my dad at his job! He does painting lessons for old people. It is actually really fun to help him!

I dedicate this chapter to Ninjas07!

Please comment!

*********************************

Lucy's POV

I tossed and turned in my sleep, sweat poring down my face my dreams filled my head. Not good ones either. I sat up in my bed huffing, trying to catch my breath, even though I hadn't been exercising my heart was still racing. That was an awful dream, I heard people dying, felt their warm blood splattered onto my body. When everything went silent, I knew I was next. Why would I have a dream like that where I still couldn't see? It was terrible to not know what was really going on.

I wanted to forget it and to back to bed, so I laid down and tried to fall back asleep. But the dream kept crawling its way back into my brain, there was no way I could sleep now.

I know! Natsu was sleeping on the couch. I'll go see him. So I hopped out of bed and slowly found my way to the living room couch without knocking anything over. I felt its soft fabric. Ha, I got it right! I moved my body around to the front and heard Natsu's steady breathing of sleep. And another's, Happy was there too. Its cute how they slept together, like a boy and his dog, a boy and his talking, flying, blue cat.

I turned around and leaned my back on the front side of the couch sitting cris-cross-applesause. I sat there for a while, but I still couldn't stop thinking about that horrible dream. I could still feel the blood all over me and started to rub my arms and shiver at the though.

I heard Natsu stir behind me, my back left the couch, careful not to wake him. Then he started mumbling in his sleep.

"Lucy...hmm...Lucy..." He trailed off.

What kind of dream could he be having, much better than mine by no doubt. I places my hand on the arm rest of the couch and slowly dragged it left, until I felt something soft, but yet spiky? His hair, his amazing pink hair. I always loved the color of his hair, I say its pink, but he doubts it and says it salmon. But it is definitely pink! I smile at the thought of when I had first called him "pinky".

But my thoughts were interrupted my a hand grabbing my wrist roughly. Scared I tried to pull away, but he was too strong, then he stopped.

"Lucy? What are you doing?" He asked shocked.

"I-I don't know, I couldn't sleep. So I...I" Truth was I really didn't know what I was doing.

"So you tried to wake up Natsu?" Happy asked.

"No, I didn't want to wake you guys up. Sorry."

Natsu still holding my wrist, embraced me into a firm hug.

"You had a bad dream didn't you?"

"H-How did you know?" I stumbled.

"I can tell!" He said cheerfully, then his voice turned to dread. "Lucy! Its 3:00 in the morning!"

"Sorry, I cant tell time!" I pointed out.

"Right..." He sighed.

"Well, I want to go back to sleep." I heard him flop back onto the couch.

"Hey! What about me?" I yelled, realized what I had said I covered my mouth with my hands.

Shaking I stood up suddenly and walked back to my bed, but apparently I went the wrong direction and smacked right into the wall.

"What do you think you are doing?" Natsu asked confused at my actions.

"I am trying to go back to bed!" I waved my arms around like a fool.

"Over this way, silly." He laughed as he gently pushed me to the edge of my bed.

How was I going to get back to sleep, I couldn't get that dream out of my mind. Was it a dream or a vision? It felt so real! It couldn't be, visions are something you see and sense I only heard and felt it...it couldn't be.

"Hey, are you coming?" I heard from in front of me. Wait? In front?

"What are you doing on my bed?" I shrieked.

"You said 'what about me' and your bed is obviously bigger. So come on!"

"Thats not what I meant." I whispered to myself.

But I didn't have time to answer a hand grabbed mine and dragged me in the bed. I felt his warm presence next to me, my face swelled with blush. It didn't help when he wrapped his big arms around my stomach and drew me closer to him.

"No more bad dreams tonight." He whispered.

Blushing as red as a cherry I fell fast asleep in his arms.