Promises

Hey guys, if you have any ideas that would help the story be longer, because I can definitely use them! So please tell me if you have anything "special" to happen.

I have decided to dedicate this chapter to 12Redsky34, for being my first reader!

Thanks for readin'!

*********************************

Natsu's POV

"I'm sorry, I am even more useless than before. I am so sorry! I'm sorry!" Lucy cried in her bed, she shook from shock and sudden panic. I couldn't imagine all the emotions flowing through her brain. Probably every emotion possible to man kind. She was scared, sad, remorse, angry...angry at me. I couldn't save her, I was weak. So why was she sorry?

"Why are you apologizing? I was the one who did you wrong, I couldn't save you, stop this from happening to you." I turned her around and talked to her face.

"Its not your fault. I was the who couldn't get my self out, I shouldn't have to depend on you so much! Now its worse I cant even open my door!" She slammed her head into my chest.

"Well don't worry about it! How about this, I promise to always protect you and be with you. No matter what happens! Okay?" I smiled, but I knew she couldn't see it.

"You mean it?"

"Hey, don't I always keep my promises?" I pouted.

"Yes, you do."

"They liiiiike each other!" I looked to see Happy snickering in the opening of Lucy's bedroom door.

"Where is that stupid cat!" Lucy held up her fist, this was the second time Happy had teased her and she couldn't fight back. So I scooped him up.

"Nazu, w-what are you d-doing?!" Happy squirmed.

I placed Lucy's hand on Happy's furry blue head, he is right here.

"Oh, really." She smiled and punched his blue mellon making a pink bump swell right on the spot where she had struck.

Laughing she stretched,

"That felt good."

I could help but notice the way she moved as she sat there, even with her sight gone she was still beautiful! Her hair fell perfectly into place even when she said she looked terrible it was almost impossible for to look so.

Wait, what am I doing?! Idiot! I slapped myself, it sent a ring throughout the silent house.

"Natsu what did you do? Are you okay?" She asked looking around.

"What? Fine, I'm fine." I snapped myself out of my tiny paralysis. "I will be right back don't move. I have to back to my house and get some stuff."

She looked puzzled.

"What kind of stuff?"

"Well, in order for me to take car of you, I have to stay here and if I am to stay here I have to get stuff from my house and bring them here. I will be here for a while." Great answer Natsu! I told myself.

"Okay, but hurry back." She said unsure of my decision and if my eyes weren't deceiving me she had the tinniest hint of a blush on her already rosy cheeks.

"Be back in a jiffy." He flashed her a quirky grin and jumped out her window with Happy right behind.

Lucy's POV

Natsu had left, he left me alone...again! oh, what happened last time was a disaster! No, I wasn't going to panic. Not going to be weak and freak out like before. I put my hands on my temples and spun the finger in a circle. I was stressing myself out for no reason. Wait? No reason?! I had every reason to be stressed, I was blind. Not just needed glasses, or everything is fuzzy, no, completely black.

Stop this, there is no point arguing to myself about it. I needed water. Natsu told me not to move, but I was thirsty! Besides this was my house, I knew my way around.

Throwing the sheets off my legs I stood up, closed my eyes and imagined my house when I woke up in the morning. My desk was to the right and the kitchen opening was just slightly to the right. I walked forward and bumped into something small and wooden, the chair Natsu dragged over earlier. I put it to the side and kept walking. Carefully walking with my hands out in front of my so I didn't run into anything. I felt pain fill my right toe, tripping I fell flat on my stomach. Cursing to myself I felt what I had slammed into, it was the foot of my couch. That means I had to go left to get the kitchen!

Continuing my funny looking walk I brushed against the wall. That means I go straight until I hit the kitchen. The wall ended and I was in the kitchen, now the sink! It was to my left, so I walked with arms out. I felt the handle! I turned it on, I heard running water, but not the kind I wanted to hear. It was the flushing kind.

"Luce, what are you doing to the toilet?" I hears the voice of Natsu behind me.

Toilet?! I sulk to the floor in defeat.