And the Blind Shall See

Konichiwa mina! I am having writers block for this chapter, so it is a little random, but hope you all like it! But I hopefully know exactly what to do for the next one. So wish me luck and hope you are liking this so far!

I dedicate this amaze chapter to iShipYou!

Please comment!
********************************

Lucy's POV

I sat straight up, startled by another disturbing dream. I had been having terrible dreams every night, each night a different dream. Why now and why could I still not see in each of them? That seemed to be the connection between them. Pulled my knees to my chest and rested my chin on them, rocking slightly. I felt another presence besides me, Natsu must have snuck into my bed...again. He had done it everyday since he started taking care of me, so I was used to it by now. I hadn't told him about my dreams yet, I didn't want him to worry about me, but this action was taking a tole on my sleep.

I wanted to know the time, but I also didn't want to wake Natsu. Arg! I wanted to get up, Natsu always sleeps in so late and I cant get up without him! To say the least, I was frustrated, not at Natsu, nut at myself and this "condition." I was hot, like really warm. I kicked off the blankets hoping that would fix my problem but I was still sweating like crazy! Why didn't I notice before? Suddenly I felt uneasy, like I was going to hurl.

Natsu please wake up!

Natsu's POV

Hearing the noise of rapid breath in your ear isn't very pleasant, especially when it is 4:00 in the morning and the noise is coming from someone you love.

Her body was heated and her breath was fast and deep.

"Lucy! Whats going on, you were fine!" I yelled shaking her or trying to get her to open her eyes, but she stayed the same.

I awoke Happy, who complained and rolled over on the couch.
"Happy, there is something wrong with Lucy!" This got his attention. "Fly to the Fairy Hills and get Wendy and Grandeeney!"

A shocked, but determined Happy saluted me with an, "Aye" and he flew out the window.

I ran back to Lucy, her condition hadn't changed, how could I cool her down? I know! I ran to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl filled it with ice water and doused a towel in it. Ringing it out I set it gently on Lucy's forehead. Ha, perfect! I could really get used to this "thinking" thing, who knows it might come in handy some time?

I waited ten minutes for Happy to return with the two mages, both looked as though they had been dragged from their beds, which they probably were.

"Natsu, whats going on?" Wendy asked only slightly frustrated, Charlie on the other hand looked completely miffed.

"Its Lucy, I just woke up and she was burning up." I said shakily.

"Calm down, Natsu. Its just a fever, she will be fine." Grandeeney noticed the wet towel on her forehead. "Did you do this?"

I nodded.

"You must actually think when it comes to her." She smiled.

I realized that I had done that without really thinking. On normal circumstances I would never have thought of that sort of thing! Was Lucy the thing to make my brain work?

"She must have been overwhelmed by all the operations and broke down, thats all." Wendy reassured me.

Wendy was right, I was over reacting, it was just a fever. She would be better in the morning and then she would see again. I was going to take her to see the most beautiful place I could find, where she could see everything and everywhere. But she probably also wanted to be alone for a while, she hadn't had hardly privacy in a week.

Truth was I really didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay living with Lucy even when she could see. I just wanted to stay by her side always and be there for her even though she would need me much less when she could see.

Grandeeney and Wendy gave me instructions of what to do if she got worse, but for now all they could do was wait until morning. They left Lucy's apartment with me alone, I decided not to sleep with Lucy in her current state so I took my original spot on the couch. Next to Happy who had already fallen asleep again.

Waiting for sleep to take me I realized it wouldn't and the more I tossed and turned the more likely I would wake up Lucy or Happy. It was 6:30 anyway so I decided to get up and shower.

I was really starting to change! Showering, thinking, getting up early, what was next? I know, I will make breakfast for Lucy for when she wakes up. I wanted this day to go perfectly! After all it was the first day she would be able to see in over a week.
After my shower I strode straight into the kitchen with confidence.

Now where would Lucy keep her cookbook? Every woman had a cookbook and Lucy always made the best food, she had to have one! I checked all the cupboards, but no such book was found. There was no way that Lucy didn't have a cookbook, how could she make all that amazing food from instinct, or by plain memory!

Giving up on the book I had a pretty good idea how to make pancakes, I think...so why not give it a shot?

After ten minutes the first batch I had forgotten to add salt, butter or milk and the second batch was half cremated. Well...it was the thought that counts and Lucy couldn't blame me for trying, maybe for using all her food and making her kitchen a complete mess. But I tried.

I set the table with three plates glasses, of juice and other accessories. Now that everything was ready I was officially bored. Lucy hadn't woken up yet and I didn't want to wake her, her healing process was crucial, she had to wake up this morning with her sight. Though it was already almost 8:00, she had to get up soon or the food would het cold. Happy on the other hand could keep me some company until she awoke.

"Hey buddy, rise and shine!" I shook him gently.

He groaned, sat up rubbing his eyes and yawned. "Morning Nazu." Remembering what had happened last night his eyes widened and flew to Lucy's bed. "Is she any better?"

"Her fever has died, but she should still take it easy for a while." I replaced the wet towel on her forehead just incase. Just then the exact moment the towel was placed her eyes flew open from the touch of the cold cloth.

"Lucy! Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up!" I begged for mercy, usually she would be furious. But she made no move to bat me on the head, or yell, or even make a stupid remark. There was just silence. I turned my head up to see the problem, but there was no problem, none at all. Lucy was smiling the biggest, warmest smile I had ever seen. She was looking straight at me, at me with to trouble! I could see tears in the corners of her eyes, not being one to talk they were in mine as well. Then she looked to Happy, he was full on crying. But the tears weren't of grief or sorrow, they were of happiness and joy.