Darkness

I wanted to thank everyone for reading this far, I am still kinda new to Wattpad so if you have read this thanks so much for getting this far with me! The picture, if you don't know, is the old cover!

I dedicate this chapter to UDontSay143!

Thanks again everyone!

*********************************

Natsu's POV

All I could do was watch as I heard the terrible screams of my best friend, I could do absolutely nothing! I felt so weak! I just sat there like an idiot starring at the spinning cloud of poison that encased Lucy, when it slowly dissipated I saw her laying on the grass. Her face toward the ground, hands splayed out behind her. Thank God there was no blood!

"Lucy!" I ran to her, gently I picker roller her over and held her in my lap. "Lucy wake up! Please wake up!"

She didn't stir. Great now I had two unconscious partners.

"You just wait a second!" I yelled to the old hag. I grabbed Lucy and happy and carried them into the forest, it would be safer there with covering. Once I got there Happy woke up!

"Happy your awake!" I hugged him

"Nazu...I am so dizzy....my head really hurts." The cat mumbled.

"Tell me when Lucy wakes up, stay here until you feel like fighting again." I run back to the witch.

"Finally, I was starting to get bored." She examined her fingernails.

"You are going to pay for what you did to Lucy!" I slammed my fists together fire exploding from them.

The witch looked puzzled.

"Already? You don't even know what I did, just wait until she wakes up." She laughed.

"What are you talking about!" I lunged at her fists aflame.

She easily dodged.

"Nastu, Nastu Lucy woke up. But somethings wrong you better come quick!" I heard Happy yelled from behind me, but I dared not take my eyes off the witch.

"Why don't you go and see for yourself?" She smirked.

"Why you.."

"Nastu hurry!" Happy sounded desperate.

"Im coming buddy." Slowly, still not taking my eyes off of her walked into the forest with Happy.

"So whats the big problem?" I asked.

"Its Lushe, once she woke up she has been freaking out and stumbling around." Happy's panicked voice sounded.

But he was right that was strange, why would she be doing that? She has been knocked out before so that wouldn't spook her and the wobbling, could be because she is dizzy. Yeah! Like Happy was.

As we entered the place where I left them the first time I saw Lucy sitting on the ground with her head down.

"Lucy are you okay?" I put my hand in her shoulder.

She screamed and pushed my hand away, backing away from me. Looking at the ground.

"Lucy! Whats wrong? Its me."

Her face flinched with recognition.

"Nastu? Is that you?" She still didn't look at us.

"Yeah, silly. Whats wrong with you?"

She put her hands on the sides of her head and cried slightly.

"I-I cant see."

"What do you mean 'you cant see'?"

Her face turned mad, but she still didn't look at us.

"I mean, idiot, that when I open my eyes I see darkness. Everything is black, cold, lonely." She whispered the last few words and curled herself into a ball.

I was at a loss for words, Lucy was blind? No way! Thats impossible! What does that mean for her? No more missions, fighting, cooking...no more of Lucy's cooking?! Sadly yes, but there was truly a loss there.

Without thinking I put my arm around Lucy, at first she flinched but soon relaxed. What she said about being lonely and cold I could imagine. She was seeing noting but black everyday. She didn't know if there was someone with you or not. Just seeing a smile makes you happy, but now she could only feel a hug. So that is what I did, I gave her a warm hug to hide that lonely cold darkness that surrounded her.

"Thanks Natsu." She lightly smiled.

"Happy, stay with Lucy. I will be back in a sec." Standing I felt Lucy grip tighter on my vest not wanting me to leave but I needed to get back for what that witch had done to her.

I ran back to the clearing, my energy ready to fight. But when I got there it was empty, the stone was gone and so was she. I couldn't even sense her magic presence. She found a chance and she took it, she got away. But I swear if I ever see her again that I will kill her for what she did to Lucy!