Chapter 1||Moving In

Your pov:

   I open the car door and look at our house before getting in. The house that I had lived in for years was now going to be just a memory in my life. My parents, sister, and I just happened to be moving to a small town in Oregon. I had to painfully leave all my friends in (You're hometown) and somehow make new ones in 'Gravity Falls'. 

   "You guys ready?" My dad said, getting in the drivers seat. I gave him a small nod while everyone else said "yes." As soon as we all gave our reassurance, he drove away from the small house, leaving all the memories made there behind.

   I pulled out my phone and earbuds and quickly turned on (any artist/song). As this was going to be a long ride, I was going to need something to occupy me. I began sketching in a small notebook I had brought along with me. About an hour passed and I decided to take a small break and take a nap.

   I soon woke up to someone shaking my leg. The someone just happened to be my mother. I slowly pulled out one earbud and asked her, "Are we almost there?" She gave me a small smile before pointing out the window. "Just getting there." The object she was pointing to was the "Welcome to Gravity Falls, Oregon" sign. I yawned before putting my singular earbud back into my ear. The song (song of ur choice) was playing. 

   A few moments later, my dad pulled into a driveway. The house was a simple white color with two stories, which was already better than the one story house we used to live in. Once we pulled up to the garage, my dad parked and got out. He went to go talk to a guy who was waiting for us, probably the house seller.

   He then gestured we all got out and went to go explore our new house. I put my phone and earbuds away and quickly get out of the car. I stretched my arms out after the ride and excitedly joined my dad at the front door. He then opened the door and I followed him to what seemed like the main hallway. Although, it was a hallway, it was supper opened up and had the stairs that lead to the upstairs.

I followed the hallway to my left, and immediately got to the kitchen. It was very spacious, with lots of storage. I just know mom would love it. I then went to the other side of the house and there was the living room. Although it was a pretty basic living room, it wasn't as crappy as the old one.

   I then decided next place to go would be the bedrooms, which I guessed were upstairs. I decided to go into the door closest to me, which so happened to be the master bedroom. It was big, with a big closet and a bathroom. I decided to move on because it wasn't really my room. I then went into the next room and found a smaller room with light pink walls. I could tell this was my sister, Amber's, room. I went ahead and left the room and went to the next one. It was the bathroom I assumed Amber and I would be sharing.

   "The very last door must be my room." I decided in my head. I went ahead and opened the door to find a large room with grey walls in front of me. Before I knew we were moving, I wanted to change my room. This room was exactly like how I wanted it back at out old house. It also had a bathroom and a small walk in closet. I loved it.

   I then brought my suit case and bags up to my new room and got settled in. Once I got unpacked, I made my way over to my desk and began finishing the sketch I started on the way here.

   A few minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I said. I head the door open and someone walk over to where I was seated. I turned around to find Amber peaking over my shoulder. "Whatcha doing?" She said with interest written on her face. I handed her the notebook and let her look. "Drawing. How do you like your new room?" She handed me the book back and thought for a bit. "I think I like it. It's just going to have to grow on me."

   "Also, Mom and Dad said they'll be taking us out soon." She said before leaving. I got up from my desk and went to my closet. I guess if we're going out I should changeout of sweats and a sweatshirt.. look at least a little presentable. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a (fav color) short sleeved shirt and threw them on. I then put a bit of mascara and quickly shoved my black converse on my feet. I then took my hair out of the ponytail it was just in from the car ride and brushed it. I then headed downstairs just in time so we could leave.

   Once we arrived, I got out and examined the sign that was along the building roof. "The store is called 'Mystery Hack'? That's.. an interesting name." As soon as we got inside the store, our parents handed Amber and I some money and let us explore the place. I decided to walk around the store, soon finding out that it was pretty much a tourist area.

   Although the place was for tourists, the things in the shop seemed unrealistic. A fish with legs? An alligator head on a bears body? What kind of a tourist place is this-

|~|~|~|~|

(971 words)

(A/n: Hello! if you're reading this, I am writing this little authors note on January 15th, 2021. Although I made this book in 2017, I decided to rewrite earlier chapters, as I saw them as slightly cringe worthy! If you would somehow like to see how I used to write, I will have a book out with all the old chapters that I first wrote back in 2017-18ish. Also, if you are new, I normally write each chapter with 1000 words (not in this chapter apparently) and normally say a small catchphrase at the end of each author note! hehe. Anywayyysss bye now, and remember, cause I'm a Cipher: REALITY IS AN ILLUSION, THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM, BUY GOLD, BYEEEEEEEEEE!)