[43] Spilling Secrets

It happened forty-seven years ago and still, to this day, parents warn their children and stoke fear for the generations to come. Everyone knows the story of Old Man Tillman. No one remembers his actual name, or simply won't speak it aloud, for no-one wanted to remember the one man to shame the town. But we all know of his home and the abandoned road he left behind.

It's where the Fourth of July party is being held.

It's being held in the same house where the old man went crazy. Where we suffocated his daughter, drowned his son in a bath tub, poisoned his wife, stabbed his neighbor eleven times, and then hung himself off the stairs.

Not exactly the place I want to spend my night.

It's dark when Ethan pulls up and parks on the front yard of the Tillman House. Since electricity hasn't seen this home in decades there are candles lit everywhere, real and fake, and battery-powered lanterns hanging and sitting anywhere possible. The roof of the house looks like it's going to fall in at the slightest breeze. Many of the windows are shattered, some even missing the entire square of glass. Loud music plays from somewhere passed the front edge of the house. I can smell the burning wood and see the line of ascending smoke coming from the backyard.

I look towards Trevor who is getting out of Kyle's car.

It wasn't very hard getting Trevor over to my house where I planned for Kyle to pick him up. Grace and I put him in a pair of American flag swim trunks and a matching tank-top.

Theme of the party? Foreigners trying to celebrate the Fourth of July. Which essentially just means wearing everything American flag and overdoing it as much as possible.

Grace and I are in jeans shorts so short that the American flag pockets stick out at the bottom. We're matching Trevor as our entire group, including Kyle, bought matching tank-tops.

"You're making me nervous." Kyle had said to me as I put product in his hair, to keep it out of his face, and sprayed him with some of Ethan's cologne. "Can't you just tell me who it is, or at least if it's a boy or a girl?"

"Boy," Grace said. She took the news of Trevor being bisexual without blinking, not that I thought she would have had a problem with it. She swears she knew it, that she always had a feeling he wasn't just straight. I just shook my head.

"You're going to like him," I told him. "I should warn you though, he just got out of a relationship."

"I'm his rebound?"

Ethan plopped himself down on my bed. "You're lucky. Rebound sex is the best kind. You would know, wouldn't you baby?"

My hand found the back of his head before he could even open his mouth to spout out a fake apology, all the while my cheeks took on a deep blush.

"See that? That's how the sex is, rough and fast."

I shoved my hand over his mouth to which he licked the palm of my hand. I didn't make a move as he rested his tongue on my skin. "You thought that would bother me?"

"No, I just wanted a taste of you, but I don't think our friends would like the show."

My mouth dropped and my cheeks reddened even more. "What is up with you tonight?"

"I just love you."

"I love you too."

I kissed his lips just as Grace let out a load disgusted groan. "Please refrain. We have virgin eyes in the room."

All of our eyes moved towards Trevor, who simply ducked his head and blushed. I ignore the fact we just learned about our newest friend and sat myself down in front of the mirror. Grace came behind me and started pulling at my hair. I swatted her hands away, but she simply smacked the back of my head like I had down to Ethan and started to brush my hair.