Chapter One

Aliha's Pov

 it's only been two months since I've been at university. It's a whole different life in university. For me, it's peaceful only because I don't have to go home as early. I go to uni at 8 am and come back at 9pm. I don't have to see my family, who don't want to see me. 

I have a few friends in uni but still, at times I do like being alone. I don't like socializing much, it's just wasn't who I am. I use to love doing so much such as drawing, painting and reading along with writing but that all faded away from one relationship that ruined me. 

I became someone who I wasn't...I grew further away from Allah and his teachings. 

I am trying my best to get back on track it's only been a year after a 15-month relationship but sometimes I give up. I know it's not the best but what can I do. 

There is just so much that goes on in my life it's hard to keep everything together. I don't let anyone see my feelings... no one really cares about them, one minute they'll say they care the other they are yelling at you for who you are and what you say and they take all that nice stuff back. 

you can't break a broken heart you can only put it back together

I was sitting outside of my compass with one of my friends Ayesha she was in two of my classes and we both kind of have the same interests so we kind of clicked when we met each other on the first day of university. 

Her sister goes to the same university as her but is in her last year we have sat together but I don't usually feel comfortable because she brings along guys with her. 

"Hey youu twooo" I looked up from my textbook seeing Danya her sister waving at us she had two guys walking along with her. 

Ayesha turned around to me giving me I'm sorry look because she knew I didn't like having guys around. 

"Hi" I replied back closing my textbook

"You guys this is Hamza, and Ali they both are friends of mine"  Danya pointed to them

"Sallam" Both said in unison 

I gave them a suppressed smile and put everything in my bag, getting ready to get up. I really didn't want to be here anymore. 

"You going somewhere?" Ayesha asked. I gave her you know why look and got up from the table both of us were sitting at. 

"Yeah, I have to go talk to my professor about an assignment" I replied and left right away. 

I walked around the campus to find a better place to sit in the shade. I liked sitting outside just everything about it was nice. 

I found a place under the tree I walked over and put my bag on the side and let my back lean against the tree. I didn't take my books out and just looked around the campus. 

I hope that one day my life will get easier... people say I haven't seen the world yet so I shouldn't really complain and well that's right but my past has for sure shaped me. 

I have committed so many sins and I don't want to go back on that route. I want to have happiness and for now, my happiness comes from Allah and only him. 

"um asallamulikum," I heard a very deep voice. I turned around and looked up realizing it was the guy that I saw with Danya. 

I lowered my gaze "Walikumsallam" replying back to him. 

"Sorry I know you must be uncomfortable I just wanted to say sorry about barging in like that," He said to me. I was so confused about why he would have to be apologetic for if anything I shouldn't have got up like that. 

"UM.. I'm kind of confused it's not your fault so please no problem," I told him

"Thank you...I'm Hamza by the way" 

"Aliha" I replied 

and that was it I could hear him walk away...his voice was so deep never have I heard anyone's voice that deep. 

good thing I didn't look at him too long. may Allah forgive me for that.

The day went by very slowly. When I got home my family was out for dinner so I was in my room checking my facebook. I didn't really use facebook much but I had it since I started uni because I started having projects so we all just contacted each other through facebook. 

I was going through my messages until I found a message from Hamza... the same guy I saw today but I don't remember adding him to my facebook. 

I clicked on the chat and saw his message saying Sallam.

I replied back and instantly I got a reply back. 

Hamza- text 

Aliha- Text 

How are you?

Alhumdulliah... You?

alhamdulillah...what you up to?

Nothing... Just studying you?

I wasn't sure why I was texting him...Maybe cause I was bored 

Nothing...Just chilling at home,

I like your profile pic by the way

Did you take it?

I just then realized it was a picture of me at the beach but the back of my head was showing. 

No, it was my sister who took it and thank you :)

Np! You must be wondering why I texted

Haha yeah but um wondering more about when I added you

Haha really a long time back... you probably saw my bio and added me without thinking

Yeah I guess... so you were telling me why you texted me

I thought of maybe talking to you about your courses...your first year right I am in my last and I can maybe help

that's a nice offer I will let you know if I do...and aren't you in business how can you help me with political science 

haha I can help with English and other things don't worry I have a lot to offer

Thank you it means a lot :)

Hey, no need for it I thought it would be nice, you're a freshii a little baby who just stepped in the real world.

I raised my eyebrows at what he texted...He, sure enough, was very confident.

Lol I guess ... um, I kinda have to get back to studying. It was nice speaking to you

yeah no problem I'll see around yeah

yep no problem Sallam :)

sallam

And that was it...the end of our conversation. I was tempted to look at his profile picture as much as I shouldn't have. I had to now. 

I opened his profile picture and I was kind of shocked he was good looking like very. He had a nicely shaped beard with hair up to his shoulders but flipped to one side. 

He was attractive no doubt. I suddenly heard the main door open. I shut the phone without realizing I had a smile on my face.

"Aliha" I heard my mother call. I quickly got up and went downstairs. 

"Sallam," I said while picking up my father's office bag from the floor and put it in his workroom. I made tea for my father and left upstairs to my room. 

All night I couldn't stop thinking of him... of Hamza... it was just a small conversation but a lot of questions were popping up.