Chapter Seven

The summer had passed and it was my second year In Uni which had started. My Parents were in desperate look out for me to get married. I had been avoiding the conversation with them. I didn't want to get married yet, well in their case engaged. 

Hamza and I were in OKAY terms. He has apologized for the way he acted but it took him a couple days to even text me. He had told me that the reason he was rude or whatever was because of a text he had got from someone who was his past. I had quickly understood by what he meant and I also was told almost everything about her. Don't get me wrong yes I'm trying to be a better muslimah but I did get jealous  the way he treated her was only something any girl could wish of.

I was kind now distancing myself from him, I guess you can say because I was hurt but also I think I started having feelings that were building up for him and seeing that he clearly loved her still and had to let her go for her to live a happy life it just made me think that I'm not really worth his time. 

Hamza was doing internship in downtown so we saw each other here and there when he texted. Some of his friends were still talking to me which at times were like just salam or a wave. 

I was in the library reading till I get a tap on my shoulder. I turn my head looking up at a widely smiling Ayesha. 

"HEYYY" I whisper hugging her as she bends down.

"Hey lets go out" She was referring to leaving the quiet section of the library. I nodded grabbing my laptop and backpack. 

"How is everything?" Ayesha asked we hardly had any classes together this semester so I never got to see her

"Alhumdulliah, all well you?" I asked leaving the library feeling the cold fall breeze hit my face

"fine alhumdulliah, my sister might be getting engaged soon" Ayesha squealed

"Oh wow congrats whooooo is it??" I asked taking a seat on the grass 

"Some guy she had been interested in for a while, she's happy" 

"I'm happy for her then, may allah keep her happy ameen" 

"Ameen... what about you and Hamza... when is he gonna come and ask for your hand?" Ayesha smirked. I rolled my eyes in return

"hun its not like that he won't be getting married anytime soon and we aren't even that close" I replied looking down, remembering the things he said about his EX

"I know you know about his ex" I looked up and gave her a questioned look

"What!!! how?"

" You think he keeps his mouth shut about laylah?" 

"Well I'm not shocked he loved her a lot" I told her 

"yeah but she wasn't meant for him, listen try to win him over, you guys will get a long" 

"Ayesha its not that easy, my life is hard with family and him he isn't who we think he is Ayesha and he smokes sorry not a big a fan of that" at this point I knew this would be a long conversation. I sighed crossing my legs 

"you see everything bad right now but he's religious he has a good family"

"Ayesha meri jaan he seems dangerous, and he is never gonna forget his ex and I told you I kind of owe my parents to say yes to who they say. They won't ever approve of my choice unless they feel its an affair I was having" 

"Aliha theres no way out your parents can be dealt with later, first try to win him over and to have him its a patience and give him all game" 

"You think I don't think he's a good guy, he must be but the way he treats me sometimes with anger or random times he becomes aggressive thats scary"