Chapter Three

Previous Chapter:

"Right okay, Well I haven't eaten so I was thinking of grabbing a bite. Have you eaten?" Hamza asked me

"Um no" and that very minute I looked up at him. He had big brown eyes which sparkled and his beard was perfectly trimmed and shaped around his face. He was smiling with his eyes looking directly down at me. 

"You were early..." Hamza said looking down. I was beside him keeping some distance between us. 

"Yeah my class ended at 3:30," I told Hamza and he nodded in return. 

It was a 5 min walk to the subway, Hamza ordered himself a sandwich and I got myself a tuna salad. I was going to pay but Hamza insisted that he would pay, I felt bad but he wouldn't even let me take my card out. 

we both took a seat in the corner of the place. "So now we can talk as two individuals" Hamza said laughing while taking off the wrap from his sandwich. 

"I said that accidently," I told him sighing. 

"I know but it's so funny teasing you" Hamza laughed 

"Listen, I am not that type of guy to go up to every girl and date her or become friends with every girl, I am only friends with Danya cause I know her since I was little she is practically a sister to me." Hamza spat out very unexpectedly 

I looked over at him and nodded having no idea what to say.

"Um... and-" Hamza cut me off

"You seemed like a nice person and so I thought of getting to know you that's all and I'm sorry I told Danya about us meeting, I didn't want to lie" Hamza explained which kind of made sense now that he told me.

"That no problem...I just don't like sharing everything with people so I kept it to myself but you don't need to explain yourself," I told Hamza before putting a spoonful of salad in my mouth.

"Well, I thought it was the right thing to do" 

"Thank you" I smiled at him 

"so....tell me about yourself I mean other then what your studying in Uni, what do want to do later?" Hamza asked me taking a bite into his sandwich

"well...I want to become a lawyer, teach and study a lot more like do my Ph.D. and Masters" I answered 

"Well that's interesting, May allah help you succeed" 

"Ameen" We both said in unison 

"What about you?" I asked the same question

"I want to start a business and see what happens from there," That answer told me that he was open-minded to what he wanted to do in the future. 

I started fiddling with the drink that I got. Apart of me was nervous, I wanted to stay but also leave at the same time. 

"listen I just want you to know that if you ever need anything I am always here," Hamza said taking a sip of his drink

"Jazakallah, that's very kind of you, I appreciate that" I looked into his brown eyes for a couple seconds which felt I was staring at him for hours.

I snapped out and looked down "you should join MSA" He told me 

"I was wanting to but I was kind of debating it," I told him he nodded taking his last bite of the sandwich

"It's good if you do, you'll be very much involved" 

I nodded in response to his answer pressing my lips together. He seems to be like an okay person, I mean I am no one to judge yet, but he doesn't seem like a bad person but I mean I assume he spends time with girls knowing that he hangs out with Danya.