Chapter Nine

It had a been a week since it all happend, but nothing had changed. I was still yelled at and I was downstairs from 8 am till 9 at night and once everyone slept I was allowed to go to my room. I was constantly holding in the pain. 

I hadn't heard anything from Hamza and I wasn't shocked. I let a fake smile escape my lips in hope it would calm my heart that felt like a bullet hit it. No one really spoke to me and nor did I try. 

It was around 3 pm on a wednesday I was home alone washing the dishes as I heard the door bell ring. I closed the tap and wrapped my scarf properly walking over to the door. Looking out I see an elderly women and man. I open the door surprised to see who it was. 

"Aslamulakium" I say quietly Letting them in 

"Walikumsallam, are your parents home?" auntie said

"No they will be soon please have a seat" I said I looked up at hamza I saw concern in his eyes. 

I went to the kitchen making chai and serving it to both of them. My parents would be here in 30 min foresure after picking up both my siblings.

"Beta sit down, are you okay? how are they with u?" Auntie put her cup down in concern

"Auntie I am fine" bringing a smile to my face. 

"sabr is all you can do right now" Auntie said as she took a sip. I nodded look down at the floor.

Auntie was talking about how long she was here for and how she was going to move to Canada soon. I was quietly listening to her. She seemed very nice as she spoke very calmly. 

I heard the garage door open, so I quickly got up rushing towards the garage door. I opened the door to see Ami and Abu laughing but as soon as they saw me their face dropped. I took a deep breath in. 

"Mama, there are some people in the room" I said Mama furrowed her eyebrows and behind her abu's face turned instantly angry.

"You will never listen to no opening the doors" Abu said walking past me and walking towards where auntie and Hamza were. 

"why did I give brith to you" Mama said she came closer towards me and grabbed the back of my hijab and ponytail pulling it. I didn't do anything and just waited till she let go when abu called her. 

"You will stay here" Mama commanded.

I sat down on the floor knowing this was going to last long. It had been almost an hour and I started developing a headache but when I was about to put my head down, I heard my name being called. 

I stood up walking towards the living room. 

"Pack your things, you will leave today" Abu says sternly. I look towards Hamza and Auntie and auntie just nods. 

I walk upstairs taking out my clothes just a few and folded them putting them in a backpack. I wasn't going to argue nor ask questions. Nothing I say or do is at any worth. 

I hear my door open so I instantly stand up turning around. Auntie had come in. I look down fiddling with my hands. 

"Beta, your nikkah will be today and you will be coming with us" Auntie said putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"Auntie you don't have to, I'll be fine here" I replied quietly

"Aliha, Hamza has agreed to this you don't need to worry, and don't worry about your stuff just pack the essentials the rest we will see later" Auntie was glancing over the room. I nodded with a suppressed smile.

Hamza didn't want this, how could he it's not possible. I don't know whats gonna happen but Insha'Allah everything will be fine. 

With in an hour or so I was ready Hamza had taken my bag but he hadn't said a word to me.