Chapter Six

6 months later:

Hamza and I were meeting quiet frequently, He and I became close as friends and I guess you can say he even introduced me to many of his friends and all of them seemed to be very religious. 

I was spending more time than usual at uni because of Hamza but now we are on summer breaks and both Hamza and I hardly met but we constantly texted but today since my parents were gone for the weekend I made plans with him to go for a hike.

Hamza was picking me up from the house so I got ready as he texted me that he would be there in 15. 

I wore a pink hijab with a long shirt white shirt and white palazzo pants. I was stuck home for a long time and I guess leaving the house was something I was looking forward to especially when I had nothing to do at home. 

Once I got ready I went downstairs sitting in the family room. I felt so uncomfortable in my own house.  I looked around at the decor as if it were something I have never seen before. I never sat in the family room because I was never welcomed.

I looked around scanning every corner till my eyes stopped at the family portrait. It was My father and mother with both my brother and sister sitting on a bench at Niagara falls. I smiled seeing how all of them were so happy in the photo nothing makes me happier to see that. I hardly saw them smile but when they do it makes me happy. 

Taking a deep breath the smile slowly disappeared from my face. There was almost no trace of me in this house. It was as if I never lived here but if that is what makes them happy then so be it I won't complain. 

My phone suddenly started buzzing. I looked down at my phone seeing Hamza's call I swipped right picking it up. 

"asallamulikum" Hamza deep voice came through. 

I closed my eyes smiling "Walikumsallam"

"Come outside I'm waiting for you on your driveway" He said 

"Okay I'll be right there" I ended the call grabbing my bag and wore my white adidas shoes. 

"Hello cutie" Hamza greeted as I got into the passenger seat.

"Salam to you too Mr" I laughed trying to hide my blush that I knew I couldn't hide

"I hope I wasn't too long, I had to get things along the way" Hamza told me backing out of the driveway

"You weren't but even if you were, I wouldn't be shocked your always late" 

"Honey I am always on time" Hamza scoffed

"mhm acha...Where we going?" I asked

"Hike and then maybe for a drive, you don't have a curfew so we might be out late" I nodded taking out my phone seeing a text from my mother. 

I took a quick glance at it and closed my phone not wanting anyone to ruin my one day out. 

"Where did your family go leaving you here? They gone to find you a rishta" Hamza laughed 

"Why you finding that funny? and no they aren't they are gone to New york" I told him rolling my eyes. He's been on my back about getting married and it gets annoying at times cause he tells me that I'll be the one to get married before him.

"Acha no need to be defensive hun" there was a long pause between us

"Didn't you want to go New York too?" Hamza asked. I nodded I couldn't say anything more I wanted to go for a long time but as usual I don't go anywhere with my family much, on very rare occasions I do.