Chapter Two

It had been a couple weeks since speaking last to Hamza, none of us saw each other at uni or texted. 

I was busy with my normal work from uni. It was Saturday so I was spending my time at the university library reading over my lecture notes which I usually I do over the weekends. I liked coming here. 

I like keeping myself occupied in work it felt weird with no work. As I was writing a few notes down, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

I turned around looking up seeing Hamza. I moved myself a bit away from him and gave him a suppressed smile.

"Sallam" He smiled back

"Walikumsallam" I replied back looking back down

"Can I join you?" Hamza asked signalling to the seat in front of me. I kind of wanted him to sit with me, so I nodded in return. 

Wait! what?! no, that's not what I want...Ugh it's too late I told him to sit down. 

He walked to the other side of the table and took a seat in front of me. "Here on a Saturday...someone is dedicated," He said smiling taking out his stuff from his black bag.

"Yeah" I replied looking down,  I didn't know what else to say. 

I started writing again and both of us didn't speak for the next couple of minutes till Hamza broke the silence again between us. 

"You're from Pakistan right?" Hamza asked looking at me with his hands on his laptop typing. 

"My parents are, I'm from Jordan," I told him, not daring to look at him. It wasn't right now, was it. 

"ah so you're an arab" Scrunching his nose 

"what's wrong with that?" I asked him raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing I just am not a big fan of them"

"Um okay... there is nothing wrong with them but okay" I gave him a confused look. He was very confident unlike me. 

"You don't talk much do you?" 

"I do once I'm comfortable" My answers were direct. As much as I wanted to maybe make it into a conversation I knew I shouldn't and I needed to focus on my work 

I guess soon after he got it,  that I wanted to work, so both of us didn't speak for a good couple hours. I didn't know that was possible but I guess it is when there's a guy sitting in front of you.

I was now pretty tired and just wanted to go home it was about 7 in the afternoon, I didn't have enough energy to study. I also might have to do some work at home to do, if I exhausted myself here I wouldn't be able to do the work at home that is left for me. 

What I mean by work is like cooking, washing the dishes, cleaning the house. 

I started putting books in my bag and looked over at Hamza who was staring at his laptop.

"Um...Hamza..." I said quietly, I don't even think he heard me but it was worth a try.

His head quickly snapped towards me. "Yes...You leaving?" Hamza asked raising his left eyebrow

"Yeah, I kind of am tired, I also have to catch a train home so it's going to take longer," I told him

Hamza shut his laptop and crossed his arms on the table "I can drop you if that's not a problem with you" I gave him a suppressed smile in return. It was a nice offer but I don't know him first, second its not right, third if my parents knew I would probably get a beating so I had to say no. 

"Um...It's okay I kind of want to take the train, thank you for the offer" I told him getting up.

"Your choice..., take care I'll see you on Monday yeah"