9

appreciate the love this book has been getting 💕

" Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you the new U20 meet record holder of the Clemson Invitational in the women's 60m & 200m , your rising Junior Olympian , Aaleah Johnson . " the announcer said over the microphone as I stepped onto the podium, leaning over to receive my gold medals and flowers. I waved as the whole entire arena cheered.

I ran a 6.87 in the 60m & a 21.39 in the 200m breaking 2 U20 world records, I felt beyond blessed.

Later that night, I was in my hotel room doing my hair to get ready for my last day here in Clemson. I was putting my scarf on when my phone interrupted me.

Mani.

I answered and there was a bunch of screaming. It was getting dark over here and it was pure light in the camera. I forgot that west coast is 3 hours behind from the east side.

" MY BITCH IS A WORLD RECORD HOLDER AYEE " Mani yelled as other voices did as well , im guessing that's the guys. My instagram started going off from my post with my medals. She put the guys in the camera and they were doing the Kodak. I did the pose and took a picture of us. Shareef took her phone and raised it so she couldn't get it.

" When you blow up don't forget who taught you everything you " He said, shaking his finger at the camera.

" Yeah I won't forget about my dad " I laughed, he frowned.

" No, I meant me—see look you forgetting already ! " He exclaimed making me chuckle.

Mani snatched her phone back, " Aaleah ever since you left they been in here bugging me to see what time the meet started, " she poked her lip out, raising a Scooby-Doo box, " and they ate all the snacks "

" But aren't those Jay- "

" Aye nigga who took my snacks ! " I heard Jaylen in the background. Everyone froze they looked in the same direction and got silent.

" Go nigga " Kris said, then they all ran into my room and jumped on my bed. I heard my door open and they all pointed at each other. I laughed as they all argued over who did it.

Why my room though?

" Jaylen your boo on the phone " Mani said and he was silent. I gave her a look and she laughed. I heard the door shut " Bet 5 they be back together before the end of the semester " Mani turned to Jalen, Gelo, Shareef, and Kris.

" Bet 10 " Gelo said.

" Man nigga bet 20 " Jalen said.

" Like I'm not right here " I raised my voice.

" Aye Aye we not them Clemson niggas over east man ! " Gelo said getting in the camera.

" Y'all ain't bout nothing " I said getting into the my hotel bed.

" Ared come back over west & we can take this outside " Kris said, hopping in the camera.

" Say no more, I'll be back tomorrow night 7pm meet me off campus fool " I said. My phone buzzed and it was Jaylen replying to my Snapchat story.