Twenty Six

I love talking to you all so much, and I promise I'll finish following everybody Who commented on the last chapter, whenever I have time ily all TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY

    Silence. A part of me kept insisting he may not have heard me, but I knew he did.

Finally, after what felt like years, he says something. Though not what I wanted.

"Alright."

I draw in a sharp breath.

Great. I tell him I love him, after only just realizing it myself, and just make everything akward between us. We haven't even technically been dating! I had to mess up everything, didn't I?

Maybe, just maybe I didn't even know what love was. I suddenly felt like every single infatuated teenager out there, sick and in what they thought was love.

"That's it?" I manage to croak out, sounding even more desperate than I was. I despised that. I didn't want anyone to think I was desperate, and that I needed anyone other than myself. Because when it came down to it, I did not.

"What the hell do you expect me to say?" Michael snaps, not taking his eyes off the road. "To tell you I love you? Macey, I don't know how I feel. And you know so much about me, when I know nothing about you. How can I love you when I barely know you? Like yeah, we are in a relationship or whatever you want to call it, But how could you think you loved me?" 

That stung. I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows in an attempt to stop the stinging in my eyes, an attempt to mask the tears.  How could I be acting like this? How could I be so vulnerable, just from a guy? How?

"Why don't you try and get to know me? You are always busy, blowing me off, and that does hurt. Why would I trust you enough to tell you that stuff, when you would probably just leave?" I sigh, trying not to sound whiny. After a few moments of silence, I whisper an apology.

"Don't you see I have to keep my dad happy? I have to not fail. Its like those kids who have to continue to do great in school for their parents. I have to be good enough, and live up to his expectations to even be tolerated..." Michael cries out softly, and I look into his eyes. The eyes that I could barely tell what color they were in the beginning, but now looked more blue than anything. And full of pain. "I really do try to be around."

I didn't say sorry. I knew he didn't want that. Sometimes just getting stuff out is enough.

"How about you come over tonight, and I can actually get to know you?" His voice startles me after five minutes of silence, and I notice we are near our houses.

I don't answer for a few minutes, just gaze out at the passing trees, feeling more numb than ever.

"Sure. But can you drop me off at my house? I have something to deal with first."

-

-

11:27

I stare at the clock distractedly, trying to figure out what to say to Dave.

There was nothing to say, really.

Except sorry.

I fling my bag over my shoulder, whispering a fuck it and run downstairs.

"Where's Dave?" I breath when seeing Myrcella at the bottom of the stairs.

"In the living room." She then offers me a taco, which I politely decline.

"By the way, I may be gone all night. Michael's house."

I see my father in the living room, watching TV and I was reminded of when everything was normal.

"Dave? Dad?" I speak up, not knowing what to expect.

"What?" His head shoots up.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I love you."

After saying those words, his face erupts into a smile and I leave. I could practically feel the weight disappearing off my shoulders, leaving me with a lightweight, happy feeling. And for once, everything was alright.

-

so this summer, I haven't been able to use a computer to write, so literally the past ten chapters have been written on my tiny phone. Which is why there's so many typos. Oops.

This story is coming to an end soon. But don't worry, everyone will love the ending.

And I love you.

Btw my favorite 5sos song off the album is either good girls or kiss me kiss me

Ily all

(THIS IS SO SHORT I AM V SORRY)