the first chapter

editing

Perhaps they sell banana milk

Perhaps they sell banana milk. It's a convenience store so maybe not.. You doubtfully step into the store and waved to the cashier who ignored you.

I'm starving. Can't each much because of the diet my manager put me on. I have to lose 10 pounds by the end of the mon– You ramble on as you placed your mask off & felt a comforting feeling knowing there wasn't anyone around to recognize you.

Or was there?

"Oof– hey, watch where you're going!" You bump into a tall girl with brown or a more dark red eyes with short, brown thin hair wearing a oversized blue jacket and yellow shirt.

"Heh. It's my old school's colors. School pride, am I right? Let's go cheetahs!" You remarked, pointing at her outfit.

"...What?" She gave you an odd look, watching you place your mask back on.

"Oh sorry. I think aloud often," You excuse bowing, "I was distracted and didn't see you, sorry."

"Why are you bowing? I'm not your elder, how old do I look?" She rambled, "And don't worry about it. Geez, you must annoy your friends with those apologies."

"I don't have friends. Literally everyone hated me at my previous school." You commented, "And are you like, 25? Those wrinkles on your face say so."

"I'll have you know I'm 17! Geez and my skin isn't bad! Stupid mask..." She muttered to herself, "Yoo Shin-Ae, by the way."

"You should try my line—Oh, shrimp chips! Are shrimp chips here good? In the states, it's not authentic as I hoped it to be." You commented, pointing at the bright red bag.

She's not from here? Wait– she's America! That could mean...deep dish pizza! Shin-Ae thought with sparkling eyes.

"...Hello?" You called, snapping her back into reality.

"These are good! They taste like—like.." Shin-Ae starts to freak out; forgetting if you were talking about the beef or the shrimp.

"Like shrimp?" You ask. She follows along and nods enthusiastically.

Shit. She must've realized who I am, should I give a fake name? Maybe she'll just forget this happened.. Y/N thought, hoping Shin-Ae wouldn't know who she was and now disappointed.

Holy– she's trying to be friends! Shin-Ae thought watching you take a bag from the sheld.

"Thanks. Bye then." You bid, turning around and placing your black mask on.

"Wait, no! Deep dish pizza.. don't leave!" She cries causing you to whip your head around.

"You like deep dish pizza? It's like we're the same! Wait—" Just as you were about to ramble about the famous dish, two girls walked into the store causing the bell to ring.