Chapter 3

"So where exactly is this friend of yours?" you asked Jungkook.

"He works at a game store nearby, along with another friend. So you might actually meet two of my friends today," Jungkook replied.

"How many do you have?" you questioned, the way he was talking made it seem like he had fifty million.

"Six that I'm really close with. There are people I talk with at work, but we never spend time together outside of work hours," he responded. You let out of hum, beginning to wonder what these friends would be like.

You two had finished lunch and a friendly "get-to-know-each-other" conversation. You learned that Jungkook's family consisted of himself, his father, mother, and an older brother. He met his soulmate when he was thirteen but separated from her that year. His parents are both soulmates and, therefore, have the signature matching purple eyes, while his older brother is currently dating his soulmate and only has golden eyes.

By the sounds of it, his parents weren't too pleased when Jungkook decided he wouldn't stay with his soulmate—as most parents would be—and warned him of the struggles he will endure for choosing not to be with her. They also warned him about falling in love with another person and obtaining the natural eye colour he would have had if there was no such thing as a soulmate. But they seem to be content with him now and let Jungkook make his own decisions, which is what you could only ever hope to experience yourself.

"This is the store here," Jungkook's voice brought you out of your thoughts. You looked up to see a small game store in front of you that, albeit tiny, looked cozy and comfortable.

"Worried that they might embarrass you?" you asked with a teasing smile. Jungkook shook his head before chuckling.

"Well, one of them might be a little troubling, but as for the other I think I will do most of the exposing," Jungkook answered.

He moved to open the door and gestured for you to walk in. Once you stepped inside, you saw a very handsome male with longer grey hair fumbling with his phone. After almost dropping it five times, he stuffed the device in his pocket before standing from his seat behind a counter.

"H-Hel-lo," he sputtered out in a deep voice, completely contradictory with his looks.

"See? This is why you shouldn't be watching porn on the job," a voice called from a back room.

The grey-haired male flushed before turning to yell back at the voice, "alright I get it!"

"This is Taehyung," Jungkook said suddenly, gesturing to the handsome man in front of you. "And I think you've already heard, but he tends to watch porn on the job."

Taehyung whipped his head around to stare at Jungkook with wide eyes.

"Stop it! You two are assholes, it was only that one time!" the man whined.

"That one time is good enough for us," the mystery voice called out again. "And I'm pretty sure I've seen you watch it more than once, but believe what you want."

Taehyung muttered something under his breath before facing you with a bright and warm smile.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, but you can call me Taehyung or Tae. Before you came in I was watching a tutorial about a game I like, so don't think of me as some sleazebag or something," Taehyung introduced himself. You stuck out your hand and offered a handshake, which he accepted.

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n) nice to meet you," you said softly. Taehyung gave you a cute boxy smile before turning to look at Jungkook.

"What are you doing here with her?" he asked.