Chapter 14

You weren't really sure what you were doing.

Your mouth was moving against Devon's, hands clutching the front of his shirt, and yet your mind was screaming for you to shove him away. For some reason you weren't doing it though. Instead, you were pulling him closer, teeth tugging on his bottom lip slightly as you continued to kiss. It was like there was an invisible string connecting you with Devon, and it wasn't letting you two escape each other anytime soon.

Although you were kissing Devon back passionately, your stomach was churning. You felt disgusted. Hot tears of shame were collecting in your eyes, begging to be released, but your eyes were screwed shut and wouldn't let them trickle down your face.

It was when you felt the need for oxygen did your mind finally take over again. You placed your hands on Devon's chest and shoved him away as harshly as you could, causing him to stumble a few steps back. You slapped a hand to your mouth and wiped at it furiously, as if you could somehow get the taste of Devon off your lips, like he was some kind of disease.

"Never do that ever again," you spat.

"You do realize you were kissing back, right? How can you tell me not to do it when you were clearly enjoying it." You wanted to punch the cocky smirk off of Devon's face.

Suddenly Devon began frowning at something behind you. You turned around to see what had caught his eye only to feel your heart drop.

"J-Jungkook."

The brunette was staring at you, mouth slack. His eyes were glassy, tears threatening to spill at any moment, and you felt like throwing yourself off a building at the betrayed expression on his face. He smiled bitterly at you.

"Forget about the date," he said, voice full of acrimony.

"W-Wait, let me ex—"

"Please don't," Jungkook interrupted. You stared with wild eyes, not knowing if you should keep going or if you should abide by his wishes. He smiled sadly as he looked away from you. "I'm just gonna go."

Jungkook turned and began speed walking away. You took one step in his direction but found yourself freezing at the sound of Devon's voice behind you.

"Was that your boyfriend? What a pussy."

You've never turned around so fast in your life. Without a single thought, you threw a punch at Devon's face, hearing a sickening crack and feeling his nose shift under your fist. Immediately, Devon let out a yell of pain and his hand shot up to cup his nose as blood began dripping out. He stared at you with cold eyes but quickly averted his gaze when you raised your fist again.

"Say another word about him and I'll break your jaw next."

"Are you seriously getting mad at me for calling him a shitty name? I think you're the one that hurt him more," Devon snapped.

You stared angrily at him, not knowing how to respond. Because it was true—what you did was a hundred times worse than Devon calling Jungkook a pussy. The fact that Devon was right just made you want to hurt him even more, but you couldn't waste any more time on his ass.

"That wasn't me," you hissed.

"You're right, at least partially. It was our soul bond reacting, pulling us together. But it's your fault for being weak and letting it take over you," Devon revealed. You stared at him while mulling over his words. How the hell did he even know this?

"Go home or something, I'm leaving," you said before stalking away. And this time Devon didn't stop you.

With Devon gone and out of your way, you could put all of your focus into finding Jungkook. You began running down the street he had disappeared down, searching people to see if you could spot his familiar face. You even poked your head into a few stores to see if he went into one, but alas there was no luck.