Chapter 15

You opened the front door to see a worried Erika standing on your porch. Before either of you could say anything you grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her into your house. She followed you up the stairs and into your room where you both sat down on your bed. There was silence between the two of you for a moment, with you staring down at your fiddling hands and Erika watching you expectantly.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Erika asked in a soft voice, as if she were afraid you would break if she spoke too loudly. But the softness only made you feel worse and you felt shame bubbling up inside you again.

"I kissed Devon and Jungkook saw," you blurted out. Erika stiffened in front of you and you cautiously met her gaze.

"W...What?" she breathed, seemingly frozen in shock.

"Devon came up to me when I was waiting outside of Jungkook's work. He basically said he actually has some kind of feelings for me and that I can't date Jungkook because it'll ruin his future, as if I care about that. Then when I tried to go he kissed me. At first I didn't reciprocate it, but the second time I did and I don't even know why. It's like my body had it's own mind and responded to Devon itself. When I pushed Devon away I realized Jungkook had seen everything and he ran off. Now he's mad—and rightfully so—and I don't know what to do," you explained.

Erika only stared at you, still trying to comprehend everything you just told her. Finally, she swallowed audibly before tentatively reaching out a hand to place on yours, which were folded in your lap.

"Listen to me (Y/n). I'm your best friend and would do anything for you, you know that. But I honestly can't help you with this and I'll tell you why." A whimper escaped you knowingly at her words, but you stayed silent.

"This is a big problem, one that you created even if you didn't mean to. I'm always there for you and I usually help you when it comes to your issues, but this is out of my control. You are the one that will need to make it up to Jungkook, not me. And as grateful as I am that you told me about this first, I really don't know if you should've. When it comes to soulmate issues and all that, I'm not the person you should talk to for obvious reasons. I know you're gonna hate this, but I sincerely think you should tell your mom about this. I seriously think she will be able to help you, even if it's just to answer questions."

"I know I have to do this alone, but talking to her—"

"(Y/n), now is not the time to be stubborn. Your mother is the most knowledgeable when it comes to soulmate shit. I want—no, I'm telling you to talk to her.

Erika was right and you knew that. Your mom would probably be able to answer your questions about what happened to you and Devon. You just weren't sure how she would react to all of this though, and that frightened you.

"I honestly wasn't expecting you to jump to my aid and all that like my knight in shining armour. I just needed to tell someone about what happened because keeping this all locked inside is gonna kill me. I honestly feel like someone has my heart in a tight grip and keeps squeezing it insanely hard; I feel guilty beyond imaginable. I just want to hug and kiss Jungkook and let him feel what my body was feeling when I kissed Devon so he could understand," you said, eyes becoming watery for the umpteenth time today.

"I am always here to support you and listen to your problems. I just can't help you with this though, I'm sorry. And if I'm being honest, I can't help but sympathize with Jungkook. I know, I know. You didn't mean to kiss Devon, I believe that. But look at this from Jungkook's point of view. Saying you didn't mean to kiss back just sounds like some half-assed excuse, does it not? He's probably heartbroken and feeling cheated on. I know how much you love each other though, and as much as he might say otherwise I'm sure he still loves you a whole shit ton. He's just angry. So I really hope you find a way to make it up to Jungkook, because you two honestly look so happy together and are meant to be."