Chapter 17

Standing in front of the game store, you felt your blood run cold as the realization finally hit you. You were standing outside of Taehyung and Yoongi's work, hoping that the former would be inside so that you could talk to him about a certain brunette who had his heart broken. If Yoongi was inside, however, you were prepared to hightail it out of there. Having your ass beat today certainly wasn't on your list of things to do.

You had been debating whether you should've told Taehyung ahead of time through text that you were coming. But something told you that if you had he would've locked the door or something, maybe even closed the store entirely. Of course, that would happen as long as Taehyung was actually inside. If Yoongi was, you were sure Taehyung would've told him and the blue-haired man would've been waiting outside, pitchfork in his hand, for you.

You took a deep breath to calm your nerves. It was the moment of truth. After six minutes of standing outside, you were finally ready to enter the store. But as you took a step closer to the store entrance you felt a wave of nausea wash over you. Standing outside for another six minutes suddenly seemed like a much better choice. Better yet, going home and pretending you never came was looking even more inviting.

"What would Erika say if she were here?" you mumbled to yourself.

"Quit being a little bitch and go the fuck in."

Yeah, that sounded about right.

"Alright, here goes nothing," you sighed, finally moving to grab the entrance door handle.

You swung the door open and poked your head in, noticing that no one was at the front counter. This certainly wouldn't help you—how did you know if you needed to run for your life or not? Ignoring the way your hand was shaking, you squeezed your way through the door and into the store, taking tentative steps to the counter. You heard shifting coming from the back room and, not wanting to stand around awkwardly, decided to make your appearance obvious. You cleared your throat, hearing a small noise of surprise coming from the other room.

"Dude, I'm so glad you're here. I thought I was gonna star—"

Taehyung walked out of the back room but quickly froze when he saw you standing by the counter. "Oh shit."

"Thank God you're here," you said, thankful not to be facing a blue-haired man that wasn't afraid to kick your ass if he saw you.

"Yeah, I guess if Yoongi was working you wouldn't be so happy," Taehyung murmured before crossing his arms over his chest, leaning against the wall. "Why did you come (Y/n)?"

"I need to pass on a message," you began. "I was hoping you could get it to the person I intend to speak with."

"Jungkook?" Taehyung said as more of a statement than a question. "What makes you think I'll do it?"

"I was kinda just praying that you would. Something tells me none of the other guys would be willing to talk to me," you replied with a small shrug.

"Well you're wrong," Taehyung said, pushing off the wall to move behind the counter.

You stared into his cold, grey eyes, feeling your heart drop. "A-About what?"

"Both. Sure, the others might not exactly love you at the moment, but that doesn't mean they don't want to talk. I'm pretty sure Hoseok would've been fine talking with you, same with Namjoon. Jimin doesn't really want to though, and I think we both know Yoongi definitely doesn't. Jin is the only one I'm not sure about; he hasn't really spoken too much about what happened. He's helping out Jungkook to try and keep him in a good mood and we can all tell he feels bad, but he hasn't voiced his opinion," Taehyung said.