10.

"Maybe i wanted it to happen" i shrugged, taking a step into my empty house with Jacob walking behind me.

His eyes turned to a confused state, and a darker shade of hazel that i wasn't familiar with on his expressions

"I'm kidding" i confessed, noticing he wasn't up for any humor now.

He sat down on our living room couch and pulled out his phone once again. I assumed he was texting someone by the rapid pace his fingers were moving in.

"i gotta go" he stood up out of no where, not even letting me sit down completely before i felt obligated to stand up with him

"Already.." i narrowed my eyebrows, walking him to the door.

"Yeah i totally forgot i have this...thing" he moved his hands, as if remembering something.

"Okey.."i opened the door for him, seeing as he rapidly jogged down the porch steps and almost drifted into the distance

Something deep inside of me wanted to stop him from leaving, and apologize for anything that might have upset him from earlier, but i just couldn't. I saw him finally disappear after a turn out of my driveway, like nothing happened.

I closed the door, sighing deeply seconds later. I was so confused. I thought we were actually having a good time.

-

[6:07 pm]
"Maybe wait until something else happens" Taylor told me, rubbing my shoulder and trying to comfort me

"You should've seen the look in his eyes Tay. I'm telling you, it was almost as if they changed color in a glimpse" i shook my head, replaying the scene from earlier in my head.

"Look, i may not know Jacob as much as Kevin does.." she started. The name of her secret-keeping boyfriend making me cringe once again. Gosh i should probably tell her.

"But i do know he's complicated" she shrugged.

"Partying a lot, drinking, different girl every day, just having a reputation in general" she explained, relating somehow since we had our own reputation to keep.

"Well he doesn't drink.." i clarified. "But you're right" i nodded, agreeing with all the details she mentioned.

"Maybe he's just playing hard to get" she said. "But if he's already making you feel bad... that's not the guy for you" she sighed. "You deserve someone that loves, and cares for you Maya"

I flashed a warm smile her way. I knew telling Taylor could make everything better. She is my best friend after all, and always knows how to make me feel better.

I came closer and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, embracing her into a hug.

"Thanks Tay" i said, pulling away from our hug. "But i'm probably overreacting, i don't even know if i like like the guy" i sighed. She nodded, being really comprehensive about this whole subject, which i was absolutely grateful for.

"Well my advice is to give it some time. Don't rush this. I don't want you worrying about something that's probably just in your head." she said sweetly, i could tell she was trying not to be mean. It was realistic tho. I'm being over dramatic

-

Next day i got to first period as usual and sat down next to my friend Jessie. We never really talked outside of this class, but she was nice

We talked to each other, and some boys behind us, since our teacher wasn't here yet.

"You heard about the big 24 hour challenge the kids in Mr. Steiner's class planned?" The blonde one out of the two boys spoke up