14.

[10:03 am; Saturday Morning]
3 weeks later

I rushed to put the left over cake mix on the oven to have a backup dessert just in case. Jacob was coming over to help with decorations and music in the backyard, while Kevin was responsible for spreading the news

Taylor's birthday party had to be perfect. It has been so hard to keep it a secret since we tell each other everything, but i really wanted to do something special for her.

I set the oven to 15 minutes and close it before hearing the door bell.

"coming!" i yell out.

I put down the heat protective gloves i had on and opened the door, revealing Jacob with five huge boxes and two friends in each side

"hey" i smiled, greeting all of them. I made room for them to come in and settle up

"Where do you want these" one of the boys asked

"Over there, next to the pool" i pointed to my backyard, they nodded taking them outside.

"Smells great in here" Jacob said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Thanks, i'm trying to cook" i chuckled looking at the now messy kitchen.

"Does it taste just as great?" He walked over to the counter were the big bowl i used to mix all the ingredients was.

Poking a finger in, he placed it between his lips and slowly took it out, Winking at me

"Yup" he smirked.

"You're gross" i rolled my eyes. I stashed all the dirty dishes into the sink and started rinsing them.

"So Kevin called" he said

"Said he got the whole basketball team to come" he chuckled, leaning against the fridge

"I said 350 max" i shook my head. "The neighbors are going to kill me. I cant be begging them not to call the cops every time there's a party here"

"What's an extra 50?" Jacob said. "You want this party to be awesome don't you?"

"Yeah, awesome. Not a 'everyone ends up going to jail because they're underage' type of party" i said finishing the last bowl of my stash

"Relax, it's gonna be fine. If it gets out of hand, we'll think of something" he walked closer to me and rubbed my shoulders.

I could feel small kisses being placed on my neck. Then travel closely to my collarbone until i felt a little nibble and suddenly sucking. I whipped the towel i was using to dry my hands with backwards , smacking Jacob in the head

"what the hell" he complained, stumbling

"Your friends are right there" I said

"So? they don't mind" he smirked returning to his straddling position.

"But i do" i pushed him off

"come onn" he whined

"No, i don't want any hickeys before the party" i shook my head, placing all the now clean dishes back to where they belong.

"Too late" Jacob shrugged, laughing.

"what!" i turned around giving him a deadly glare before he took off running to my backyard.

-

Some hours later, everyone started to show up. It was fine at first, except it was almost time for Taylor to get here and people kept showing up at my door.

I realized there was now over four hundred people here, and the crowd kept growing.

Jacob was next to me, repeating the plan to everyone that got here. It was easy, just hide until Taylor walks in and we'll scream surprise.

"You said there were gonna be about three hundred here" I whispered over at him.

"No, i said four hundred" he clarified, continuing to pass on the main rule.

"There's almost five hundred people here" i said.

"It's gonna be great. Don't worry" he said, flashing me a reassuring smile.

We kept letting people in, tons more people. I stood there for about half an hour, while Jacob opened the back door. I started thinking of a way to explain all of this to the possible cops crashing the party before midnight, until i felt a hand wave in front of me to catch my attention.

"Earth to Maya" Collins chuckled, leaning in for a hug.

I gladly took it, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"sorry. i'm a bit distracted" i giggled

"Yeah, can tell" He looked around my now crowded house with amusement

"You did a great job" he looked at me, smiling again.

"Thanks. I'm really happy you could make it" i warmly said, being one hundred percent genuine.

"I'm happy you invited me" He flashed a boyishly smile, making mine grow even bigger.

Before i was able to say something in return, big strong arms wrapped snakily around my waist. A head rested on my shoulder, leaving me to feel his hot breath on my neck.

"Hey babe" Jacob spoke, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah?" i turned around. He looked into my eyes for a split second, and leaned in, pecking my lips.

I froze a bit, knowing he'd never do that in public. He hates it when cringey couples show off.

I nudged him a bit, forcing his gaze on Collins now. When he finally looked up, he didn't look happy.

"Hey" he said with no emotion. I was confused on how he was acting, but didn't say anything.

"I locked the back door, just in case you didn't want people to keep coming" He said, getting straight to the point.

"Hey. I'll talk to you later Maya, thanks again" Collins said, walking away from us.

Jacob didn't let go of me, but his eyes followed Collins like he had a target on his back.

"What's up with you?" i chuckled.

"What do you mean" He looked down at me, considering that even in heels, he towered over me.

"You're acting weird" i turned around, facing him. His arms were now wrapped around my back, so i just moved mine up to his neck.

"What? i cant kiss my princess?" he teased. I almost gagged at the cheesiest nickname ever.

"Not yours yet prince charming" i replied, putting up a smirk.

His face dropped. Eyes suddenly examining my features. "Explain yourself" he demanded

"Last time i checked, you had to ask" i said, obviously frustrating him