12.

We waited a few seconds until she left, making sure she closed the door behind her. My first instinct was to ditch our small hiding place, which seemed smart since it was filled with bugs and plants that were getting caught up in my hair.

Before i could move, Jacob tightened his grip around my hands, almost squeezing them. I looked down at our interlocked fingers, then back at him with a questionable look. He looked down at me with a cheesy smile and a face that was almost turning into a smirk.

I looked around us, once more. Bugs were there still, and my hair was obviously not enjoying the knots forming. Nothing in this little garden said 'romantic' to me, but judging by his face, he loved this little setting.

I whipped my hand off of his and walked out into the pavement once again, brushing my hair with my fingers and patting my shirt off to get rid of any unwanted little thing

"I thought we were having a moment" he said whining like a little baby. He forcefully walked out and stuck his bottom lip out, pouting at me.

"We weren't having anything" i scoff, being weirded out by his mood swings. We weren't speaking to eachother less then 6 hours ago and now he wants a cute moment with me.

It definitely felt shitty seeing him with Alexa, but that just proves how unreliable he is. Wanting me whenever he's bored seemed like a f boy move to me. Yet again, Taylor was right.

"Well this was fun but i'm leaving now" i forced a big smile but dropped it as soon as i turned around

"Maya.." he said almost with a chuckle, placing his palms on my hips and turning me around.

"Don't" i said, looking at his firm hands, and cocky expressions.

"I'm not a toy. You can't just play with me whenever you're bored." i removed his hands and shrugged. His smile dropped just like mine had done earlier and confusion flashed through his eyes

"You made a decision, a really shitty one in my opinion, but still." i put my hands up in defense and continued walking.

I walked farthest from him, drowning the little voice inside my head that told me to turn around and just let it happen. Eventually i reached the cafeteria, were there had been a mountain of blankets stacked together making a fort and a lot of people inside it just telling stories.

I snuck in quietly, making sure not to interrupt the boy speaking and spotted Taylor. I made my way over to her and sat down. Almost immediately she rested her head on my shoulder and kept listening. Soon enough i was focused on the story as well, leaving out all my other thoughts.

I yawned, looking at the remaining 3 people in our small fort that could barely keep their eyes open. Taylor was now resting her head on my lap, sound asleep, just like the rest, and i just zoned out in my own thoughts.

"What time is it" a sleepy voice from straight in front of me said. I lifted my head to see Collins locking gaze with me. I hadn't realized he was in here, i guess i just didn't care.

"4:37" I replied, looking at my phone screen. He nodded. After that it was a little awkward, considering he literally tried to kill me not so long ago.

"Yeah, sorry about that" He chuckled slightly. My eyes widened, i realized what i had just done

"Didn't mean to say that out loud" i buried my face in my hands.

"It's true tho" his small accent made me smile

"It was fucked up, i overreacted" he shook his head.

"Well i shouldn't have stolen your..you know" i trailed off, thinking it wasn't the best idea mentioning drugs right now

"It's fine" he shrugged. "I never really pictured you as a junkie to be honest"

"I'm not" i chuckled, not knowing if i should take insult in that

"Then why steal it" he questioned

"It was for someone else really" i clarified

"Shit, who?" he asked

"i know we're apologizing for stuff here, but it's probably not the best idea to tell you who wanted your drugs" i laugh

he nodded, smiling at my comment

"I'm glad we talked" he grinned

"yeah." i said

"Me too."

-
I'm sorry this is crap i've been on writers block lately and this is just something i could scrape off my dead brain. Hope you like it tho lmao
-Maria <3