Today.

-the next day-
I pull a black sweater over my white tank top and sigh as I look in the mirror. I mess with my hair and try to make it look presentable but of course I fail epically. I start braiding my hair when I also notice that my eyes are a bright green and blue, which I can do nothing about sadly. I hear a knock on the door and I quickly run to the door.

"I'm going to the movies with Lilian!" I call into the house as I quickly open the door and step out onto the porch.

"So that's what they call your dates now a days." He jokes and I laugh.

"I'm sorry. They're protective and-"

"I understand." He says and I nod. We start walking toward the Nightly Double and we start talking.

"So I looked up this heterochromia disease." He states.

"Oh really?" I question and he nods.

"It said that it can be inherited or acquired. What was yours?" He asks.

"Acquired." I answer.

"How?" He asks and I shrug.

"I don't usually tell people on the first date." I laugh.

"So there will be more dates?" He asks.

"Hm... We'll see." I say and he laughs. We keep walking until we get to the drive in movie theater.

"So what are we seeing?" I ask.

"The Shining." He answers and I give him a look.

"Really?" I laugh.

"What?" He questions and I continue to laugh.

"Did you purposely get us tickets to a scary movie so I would get scared and then you could protect me?" I ask and he just stands there with the tickets in his hand.

"I can't believe I'm on a date with a guy with such cliché tricks." I shake my head and he laughs.

We find some seats and start watching the movie. I didn't get really scared like he expected but it did spook me once or twice. He did the cliché yawn trick so he'd have an excuse to put his arm around me. After a while I notice Jackie out of the corner of my eye and she walks over to us.

"Hey guys! I didn't know you guys would be here." She says and I stare at my feet.

"Yeah. The Shining is pretty good." He says and she smiles. I glance up at her and she gives me a look.

"Pony would you get me a coke please?" She says sweetly and he nods. He gets up and walks away, leaving me alone with her.

"Listen to me you side effect he doesn't like you. Not even a little bit. He wants someone like me. So back off if you know what's good for you." She threatens quietly.

"I-I.. We aren't.. I mean." I stumble on my words and she rolls her eyes.

"I know that you were born with a birth defect but don't play the stupid card." She groans as Pony comes back.

"Here you go." He says as he sits down. I shake my leg before looking at Pony.

"I'll be right back." I say quietly and I quickly run up the stairs. I walk out to the parking lot and sigh as I sit on the curb. I pull my legs to my chest and bury my face in my knees.

"Belle?" I hear a voice ask and I look up. I see Pony standing there and he walks over to me.

"What happened?" He asks and I shrug as he sits next to me.

"Nothing." I say.

"Did Jackie say something to you?" He asks and I'm silent.

"I'm so sorry." He says as he reluctantly reaches to put his arm around me but stops himself and stares at me. I nod and he wraps his arm around me.

"I'm sorry this date sucked ass." He whispers and I laugh.

"Today was fine." I mumble and he smiles.