Out.

I sit in fifth period trying to figure out how the human brain processes information. It was really quiet until the door flies open, scattering papers all over the floor. I look up from my textbook and see Pony standing there looking scared.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Trayhane but Annabelle's brother got into an accident and I need to take her to the hospital right now." He explains quickly and my eyes widen.

"Why did the counselor come down and tell me? Do you have a note?" He asks as Pony walks over to me.

"Mr. Trayhane her brother might die any minute now they didn't have time to give me a note!" Pony yells, urgently, as I start to gather my stuff.

"Okay.. Okay. Get her out of here then." He says unsurely as Pony leads me out of the classroom.

My heart is racing. How could Dylan have gotten into an accident? Was he drunk? Was he trying to get home? Tears fill my eyes at the thought of Dylan dying.

"What happened? Is he okay?" I ask Pony and he smirks as he puts his hands on my shoulders and looks me dead in the eye.

"He's fine but now we have the rest of the day to do anything we want." He explains quietly and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought something bad happened. Don't do that you know how my anxiety is bad." I whisper and he laughs.

"I'm sorry. Let's get out of here." He whispers back.

We start walking toward the back door that leads down some stairs and then you're out of the school. We try to be as quiet as possible as we open the back door and sprint down the stairs. Everything was going okay until Pony slammed his hand on the railing.

"Motherfucker." He mutters as I grab his hand and look at it.

"Just some bruising, you'll be fine. Watch your language." I tell him and he smirks.

"Nothing I haven't learned from this hell hole." He says and I hit his arm.

"I said watch your language." I say again and he stares down at me.

"What are you gonna do about it princess?" He asks and I laugh.

"You think I'm so powerless but I think that you forget that I've learned a thing or two also." I remind him and he laughs.

"Oh really like what?" He questions and I shrug as I stand on my toes and kiss him. I can tell he's confused but kisses me back. Just before it turned from a little kiss to a make out session I walked down the stairs, away from him.

"I don't like that one." He admits as he follows me down the stairs. We walk out to my car and pull away from the school.

"Where do you want to go?" I question as we drive down the road.

It feels weird because there's really no one else on the road because everyone's either at work or school or in their houses doing some type of work. It feels like a nice weird.

"I was thinking about The Dingo." He tells me and I glance at him.

"Someone's feeling extra rebellious today." I point out as I laugh to myself.

"What does that mean?" He asks and I shrug.

"It can mean whatever you want it to mean Ponyboy." I say and he smirks.

"Guess I'm not the only rebellious one today." He retorts and I shake my head.

"Seriously where do you want to go?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I don't know." He says and I nod.

"As long as you don't get us in trouble I'm fine with anything." I tell him as I glance at him again and catch him staring at me.

"What?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I just realized how beautiful you are." He says quietly and I smile.

"I think I know a place.." I mumble and he still stares at me.

"Did it hurt?" He asks after a short period of silence.

"What?" I laugh at his weird question but he's completely serious.

"Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?" He asks and I slam on the brakes.

"Get out of the car." I joke seriously and he stares at me.

"Why?" He laughs.

"That was so cheesy." I say and he laughs again.

"If you're gonna stop the car don't stop it in the middle of the road.. At least pull over if you want to flirt with me so much." He says as I start driving again.

"You're such a flirt it's annoying but you're too damned adorable to be mad at." I tell him.

"Stop flirting with me!" He squeals in a girlish voice making me laugh.

"We need to do something before I kick you out of my car." I joke and he thinks for a minute.

"We could go to the movies." He suggests and I shake my head.

"There's no good movies out right now." I point out and he cocks his head like a confused puppy.

"I never said we had to watch the movie." He says and my jaw drops at his relentless flirting.

"Ponyboy Curtis are you suggesting that we go to the movies when we are supposed to be in school and make out?" I ask and he smirks.

"Depends if my beautiful girlfriend says yes.." He admits and I smile.

"What else do two teens do when they skip school?" I joke and he laughs.

"But seriously no one will be there so it won't matter." He says and I shrug.

"Alright." I agree and his eyes widen.

"Wait seriously?" He asks and I nod. He laughs for a second and then leans over and kisses my jaw.

"I really really like you a lot." My heart stopped for about two seconds because I thought he was gonna say 'I love you' but he didn't, Thank God.

It's not that I'm scared of those three words it's just that A) I like what I have with Pony now and I don't want to screw it up. B) I'm 17 and honestly don't know what exactly love is. and C) Those three words can change a lot in a relationship.. especially one like ours.