Sorry.

-Pony's POV-
I got called down to the principals office, great. What do they want now? I sit in front of the secretary's desk and wait for them to call me in. My heart pounds and I mess with my hair as I wonder what I did wrong.

"Ponyboy Curtis." I hear a deep voice call and I immediately stand up and walk down the long hallway to his office. When I step inside I see a very official looking man in a suit and tie.

"Mr. Curtis this is Mr. Parkinson he's a college recruit." My eyes immediately widen at the words 'college recruit'.

"Look Mr. Curtis i'm not going to waste time so i'm just gonna cut to the chase. We want you to be on our Track team at California State after you graduate high school." He says and my jaw drops. California State? That's my dream college. I would've yelled yes right then and there and then I remember Annabelle and Darry and Soda and the gang.

"Um I don't know sir.. There is a lot to think about." I admit and he gives me a confused look.

"Like what?" He questions and I shrug.

"My family." I say and he laughs.

"They'll be happy to see you be successful and out of the house." He jokes and I nod.

"Then there's my girlfriend.." I mumble and Mr. Parkinson sighs.

"Look son there's gonna be a lot of girls that you go out with over your lifetime. She's just one of them. She shouldn't hold you back from your dreams." He tells me.

"But she is my dream. I want to marry her." I'm shocked at my own words and so are they.

"It's just puppy love. Go to college." He keeps urging but I know that Annabelle needs me. I know that I'm the only thing keeping her here. Maybe she wants to go to Montana? She did say she always loved going up there but could never go because of me. Maybe this is her chance. Without second thought I hold out my hand and Mr. Parkinson smiles.

"Welcome to the team son." And that was that. I was going to California State.
IM SO SORRY THAT THIS ISNT LONG BUT IVE BEEN SO BUSY BUT BEAR WITH ME. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME REACH 6.01K VIEWS ON THE OTHER STORY I LOVE YALL SO MUCH AND YOU GUYS MAKE ME HAPPY. YOURE ALL BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT WHERE EVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD XX
-Maddie