Kaitlin.

Two days. Two days I've been driving and I'm finally in Tulsa. Its been hell trying to get William to cooperate and having to drive and having to call my grandma every time I got the chance to let her know we're okay. I've been planning out what I'm going to say to Pony and how I hope everything's going to go. I've been fighting myself the past two days trying to figure out if I actually wanted to do this or not and I decided that even if it goes horrible I never have to see him again. I have all these positive things in my head but they flee as I stand on the familiar front porch of the Curtis house. My heart pounds and I hear a woman's voice coming from inside, probably Darry's wife. I somehow raise my hand to knock on the door and I glance down at William sleeping in the baby carrier. I take in a shaky breath and knock on the door, there's movement. I hold my breath and wait for someone, hopefully Darry, to open the door. Finally, the old door creaks open and I see those icy eyes again.

"Darry." I sigh as he stares at me.

"Belle! How are you?" He asks as he hugs me like we never missed a beat.

"I'm good." I answer as he realizes that I couldn't fully hug him.

"Who's this?" He asks, pointing to the carrier.

"This is William James." I carefully lift up the blanket covering his carrier and William giggles at the sight of Darry.

"He's beautiful." He gushes as he opens the door wider.

"Come in, meet my family." He says happily and I take a step inside the warm house.

"Annabelle this is Aubrey." He introduces me to the woman sitting on the couch with a toddler next to her.

"Hi." I say shyly and she nods.

"And this is Rebecca." He tells me as he tickles the small girls stomach and she giggles.

"She's so cute." I compliment, watching him tickle her.

"Is Pony here?" I blurt out.

"What?" There's that voice. I immediately turn to look to where the voice came from and low and behold there stands Ponyboy Curtis.

"We'll let you two talk." Darry insists as they all leave the room and I carefully put William down.

"What are you doing here?" He asks as he walks into the living room.

"I can't leave things the way I left them." I admit and he shakes his head.

"You shouldn't be here." He mutters.

"I know." I retort and he smirks.

"Then why are you here?" He questions, staring at me with his bluish-green eyes.

"I wanted to see Darry." I lie and he rolls his eyes. There's a minute of awkward silence before he looks at the doorway Darry and his family went down.

"She's beautiful. Rebecca." He mumbles and I nod. I was about to ask him something when I'm cut off by the sound of crying. I check William but he's staring at himself in his little mirror, loving life. Meanwhile, Pony looks like he just saw a ghost.

"Who is that?" I ask and he sighs. He leaves the room and in a couple minutes the crying dies out. He comes out with a bundle of blankets in his arms.

"Um.. Belle this is Kaitlin, my daughter." He shows me the face of the, what i'm guessing, sleeping two month old baby girl.

"Wow.." I whisper, astonished, and he nods. He leaves to put her back in her crib and when he comes back he flashes me a weak smile.

"Wow.. So when did she happen?" I ask as we sit down and he shrugs.

"About a year ago, after Jackie." He explains.

"Sara got pregnant with Kaitlin a little too soon in our relationship but.. we were in love." He tells me with a smile on his face and I stare at him.

"What happened?" I question and he meets my stare with tired eyes.

"Childbirth. She lost a lot of blood and she had a reaction to one of the medicines and it didn't work out." He mumbles and I put my hand over his hand for comfort.

"I'm so sorry." He just nods. I can't even imagine what's it's like, to lose your parents at fourteen and than your girlfriend who just bared a child at twenty three?

"So it's a girl." I joke quietly and he nods.

"It's a boy." He responds, I laugh. He stares at me and I don't know why. I stare back at him after I'm done laughing and he smirks.

"I forgot that laugh." He reminisces and I nod. Suddenly space between us get lost and he's kissing me and for about thirty seconds I thought I was seventeen and head over heels for this boy but the crying for my son interrupted us and I sigh.

"Parenthood doesn't take a break, does it?" I question and he laughs.

"No it really doesn't." He says as he helps me with my nine month old son and I help him with his two month old daughter, crazy..