Avoiding.

-The next morning-

I try to quietly make breakfast for everyone. It's about six and I know it's early but I wanted Darry and Soda to have some breakfast too.

I glance at Pony ever so often just to see if he's awake or not but I'm really not expecting him to wake up anytime soon.

I probably made more than thirty pancakes and the guys aren't even up yet. I start making some bacon around seven thirty and then I catch Pony staring at me, smirking, from the couch. I smile as I walk over to him.

"Good morning." I whisper as I lean down and kiss him. I pull my hoodie up a little more to cover the bruises on my neck.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask as I sit next to where he's laying.

"Like a rock but I'm better now that you're here." He tells me in a sleepy voice and I smile.

"You were so drunk it was hilarious." I laugh and he shakes his head.

"I'm so hungover." He groans.

"Well I made breakfast so let's eat." I tell him as I stand up but he grabs my hand and pulls me back to the couch.

"What's on your neck?" He asks and pulls down my hoodie to reveal the bruises.

"Nothing. Come on let's eat." I half answer the question but he doesn't let me move.

"Seriously what's wrong? Are they bruises or..." He asks.

"The foods getting cold." I remind him and he rolls his eyes.

"I don't care about the food. What's wrong with your neck?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing." I reply quietly and he stares at me.

"Their bruises?" He guesses as he sits up and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Are they bruises because I remember enough from last night to know that they sure as hell aren't hickeys." He snaps and I sit a little closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"They're bruises." I mumble and he sighs. He kisses the side of my head and I look at him.

"I'm sorry." I whisper as I kiss his jaw.

"Let's eat." He whispers back and he shrugs my head off his shoulder and we walk to the kitchen.

Eventually everyone wakes up and eats but everybody's quiet. Pony has his hand on my thigh under the table and I try to eat quietly.

"Thank you for making breakfast Annabelle." Everybody says in unison and I nod. I clean up the plates after everybody leaves for work and Pony helps me.

"I finally told my dad about us." I begin as we start washing dishes and he glances at me.

"That's how I got the bruises.." I finally confess and before he can say anything he puts his hands on my cheeks and pushes me against the counter before kissing me.

"I'm not letting you going home to him. He's a piece of shit and he doesn't deserve a daughter like you." He mumbles and I bury my face in his neck.

"I can't avoid him. He's my dad. I-"

"Bullshit. If you have to go home I'm coming with you to make sure you're safe." He declares quietly and I kiss him again.

I can't avoid him but for now I can.