Trial.

P.S I'm going to try to add photos with my chapters now so yeah

I hold Pony's hand tightly and sigh. He's been unconscious all night, the doctors said that he had a reaction to some of the medicine they gave him but he should be better. I play with his hair and try to waste time.

"I love you.. I hope you know that but I have to go to my dads trial. I'll be back right after." I promise as I listen to the heart monitor. I reluctantly stand up and kiss his forehead. I walk out of the room and see Darry and Soda sitting there, they stand up.

"Thanks." I say quietly and they nod.

"Are you going to be okay? Going to your dads trial by yourself?" Darry asks.

"I'll be okay." I reassure him as I hug him.

"Tell Pony that I'm at my dads trial and I love him when he wakes up." I explain quietly and he nods. I hug Soda too and then leave the hospital.

-an hour later-

"Ms. Wilson do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The police officer asks as I rest my hand on the bible.

"Yes sir." I answer and with that I walk to the box next to the judge. The defensive attorney comes up to me and I immediately remember that almost anything not about my dad is not related to the case.

"Ms. Wilson I understand that your father is a single father?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes. My mother died when I was seven." I answer and the it's quiet for a second and all you hear is the Secretary typing.

"Now I understand you also have an older brother, Dylan, is it?" He questions.

"He's twenty one."

"How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen but I will be eighteen in two months." I say and I catch the stare of my dad. I take in a shaky breath and address my attention back to the defensive attorney.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I wait for an objection from the prosecuting attorney but it doesn't come.

"Yes I do but he is currently in the hospital and could not be here with me today." I explain.

"Why is your boyfriend in the hospital?" He asks and I look up at the judge, hoping that she'll tell him to switch topics but she doesn't.

"Ms. Wilson you have to tell the truth, you took an oath." She tells me and I nod.

"He got into a fight." I state honestly.

"Would you say that your boyfriend is very violent?"

"No." I snap and he throws his hands up.

"Well your father tells me that your boyfriend tried to hurt him and he was only protecting you and you turned on him, is that true?" He asks and I scoff.

"No, it's not true. Pony was never inside the house when he was home. If anyone was there to protect me it was my boyfriend and his family and friends." I explain and he nods.

"Sources tell us that your boyfriend is Ponyboy Curtis and if he is do you know that he was taken to court for the murder of Bob Sheldon when he was fourteen?" He questions and I nod.

"I did know that and yes, he is my boyfriend." I admit and then he turns around.

"I rest my case." Is all he says as he sits down next to my dad. The prosecuting attorney stands and walks over to me.

"Ms. Wilson I am very sorry about your mother and your boyfriend but I need to get into my case so if you feel uncomfortable let me know." She tells me and I feel safer. I nod and she takes a deep breath.

"Now I understand that you weren't in school for half the day on November 17, why?" She asks.

"I wasn't in school because I went home to have lunch with my dad and tell him that I was in a relationship with my boyfriend and he was drunk and home early from work. I tried to take the alcohol out of his hand and he threw the bottle at my shoulder and some did get in my shoulder so I did not go back to school." I explain and she nods.

"Did he attack you any other time after that?" She asks.

"Yes. I finally told him about my boyfriend and he chocked me until I passed out." I tell her.

"Where you living at home? Or where you living somewhere else and that's why there were only two attacks?" She questions.

"I was living with my brother until my dad was released and he had to go back to college, then he attacked me the second time. I was living with my boyfriend and his family after that." My thoughts wander to Pony. Is he okay? Is he awake?

"Did they ever harm you?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Never." I answer.

"I have one final question for you Ms. Wilson and that is.. Do you love Ponyboy Curtis?" She questions and I try not to smile.

"Yes."

"I rest my case." She says and the jury leaves to go make a decision and I quietly leave to go to a pay phone. I call the hospital ask for Darry.

"Hey Darry its me. Is Pony awake?" I ask and he sighs.

"Sorry kid." He says and I rub my forehead.

"Alright call me when he wakes up?" I ask.

"Yeah. Call me back when the trials over." He tells me and I nod as I hang up.

Now I wait for the decision.