Chapter Ten

Walking through Atlanta was... well different than Mystic Falls. Tall buildings touched the sky while there where others which were much shorter but as magnificent as the tall ones. Walking down the strangelly empty streets I felt paranoid. It was everything all over again. I felt the same way I felt when I 'moved' to New York. I just felt intimidated and... lost. Okay my objectives are simple.

1. Find a place to sleep.

2. Somehow find a way back home to the wolf's mouth.

Roaming through the cold streets of Atlanta I finally found a cheap motel. I entered cautiously and went to the reception. The place reecked of cigarettes and alcohol. At the reception was an old man who was sniffing who knows what. I walked slowly towards him afraid that I might cause him an unpleasant reaction.

"Excuse me, can I use one of your rooms for a night." The older man seemed to just notice me. He lifted his head at a leisurely pace and looked at me with his creepy blue eyes. He had many wrinckle on his face. He could be at his forties but the use of substances had him looking over fifty. He reminds me of a certain person but that's a story for another time.

"Forty dollars." He demanted and started collecting the powder that was on his reception table. He threw it in a plastic bag and then he placed it in his back jean pocket. Forty DOLLARS?! That's robbery. Who would pay so much to stay in thi-this garbage place.

"Sir, the probl-" He interrupted me rudely by raising his left hand

"Do you have the money?" He looked at me angrily having an annoyed look on his face.

"No b-"

"THEN LEAVE! Don't waste my time child." He pointed at the door from where I had entered this disgusting place. I had no other choice but to leave. Defeated I exited the motel and started walking again down some alleys. I was trying to think of ways I could protect myself through the night as it seemed I wouldn't find anywhere to sleep. I shivered as the cold wind brushed by me. I hugged myself as I was recalling what had happened at that house with Klaus. 

"Hey beautiful! What ya doing outta here at this hour?" A group of guys stood in front of me. The guy who apparently was catcalling me had a cigarette on his mouth and a sickening smirk plastered on his face.

I walked past them ignoring them as they weren't worth my time. My action seemed to draw quite the reaction from his friends. They were laughing while saying how their friend just got rejected and stuff like that. That seemed to anger the guy. 

"You slut! You should look at me while I'm talking to you!" He wacked my arm and my body collapsed into his. 

"Incendia!" That was the first thing that came to my mind. I know it was stupid of me bu-bu-but.. Okay I know that it was wrong of me. Look I paniced. I felt threatened and I used magic. The problem is that nothing happened. Not even a spect of fire appeared through me hands. 

"Robert leave the girl alone." A guy who leaned on the wall said. He was the only one who hadn't said a thing from the little group.

"If ya want this stupid bitch who doesn't know english you can have her. Let's go guys!" He motioned towards the little group of theirs. Now it was the dirty blonde guy and I.

I was already trying to leave away from the guy but one sentence that came out of his mouth stopped me.

"So you're a witch." I turned around and looked at him with a curious look.

"My mom was a witch so I know some stuff if you are wondering." He gave me a genuinly smile.

"So you stopped me to protect your friends." I accused him angrilly.

"Well, you have to be at the good side of the Alpha's son." He chuncled and continued. "But I mostly did that to protect you from a hormonal teenager werewolf." He smiled at me again. He forrowed his eyebrows and sniffed the air.

"You're bleeding?" It came more like a question. He looked at my leg and confirmed that I indeed was hurt.

"Do you need a ride?" He said giving me his hand.

"Hell yeah!"