Chapter Fourteen

I stood on the protecting metallic bars. I looked down at the cold calm water. I was jealous of how calm the water was. I wish I could be as calm. It was like the water was calling me. I took a step and fell into the lake. The cold water was surrounding me. I could feel my oxygen running out. Eventually cold water entered into my crushing lungs. The burning sensation was hurting me but at the same time it made me happy. Darkness, finally, embraced me as I closed my eyes.

~~~

I slowly opened my eyes as the light was blinding. After a little while my eyes started adjusting to the light. I looked at my right and I was in a very beautiful house. It looked really old like it was out of a fairy tale. I look at my left and saw a man. The sudden event made my heart beat fast. I place my right hand on my heart and took deep breathes. Then everything sunk in. I committed suicide. How could I be such a coward and commit suicide. I never give up. But what was different this time. Maybe it was the fact that some memories where triggered after I saw Damon and Elena.

"Elijah where am I? I should be dead! Don't tell me.." Many possibilities crossed my mind.

"Elijah, am I a vampire?" I was afraid of his answer. He looked as calm as always.

"Yes, you are a vampire." He wore a cold emotionless expression.

I felt my whole world falling apart. There is no way that I am a VAMPIRE! That meant that I would never be able to regain my magical abilities I would watch everyone I love die. Everybody around me would be getting older and older and I would be just... Young.

My thoughts where disturbed by laugher. I look at my left and saw Elijah laughing. I have never seen Elijah being so carefree.

"What the fuck Elijah? It's not funny!" Even after my complain he didn't stop laughing.

"Olivia, you are not a vampire." Instantly I threw my pillow on him angrily.

"It's not funny! I was really worried." I let out a breath of relief, it felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders.

"Elijah, how am I alive?" I looked at the man next to me with eyes full of tears. I didn't let them fall. I couldn't let them fall. I didn't want to make myself look like a little girl in need. I had to be strong.

"You're lucky my brother found you in time."

"Your brother?" I whispered wondering about which brother of his was he talking about.

"Ye, my brother." He paused looking into the distant as if he was thinking about something.

"Look, I know my brother and he loves you. Don't let him leave this world without knowing that you at least care a little bit about him." Leave this world? What did Elijah mean with that? Will Klaus die? Oh no that's bad...

Even though that man has broken my heart I still possessed feelings about him. And what's making me mad is that I don't know why. I really felt a pull for Damon but he didn't have a place in my heart like Klaus. I felt my heart beating faster with what Elijah told me a few minutes ago. Klaus had feeling for me all this time. But can I trust him. Will I get hurt again?

As I was lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that Elijah had left me alone in this room.

I stood up from the bed and walked out the wooden door. Around the house you could hear a piano playing.

As a stupid person I closed my eyes and followed the beautiful melody. The magnificent sound suddenly stopped which caused me to open my eyes.

In front of me was a big room with paintings. The scary part about this room was that there where paintings of me. I could only recognize one of those painting of me. It was one that was painted by Klaus a while ago.

As I searched the room with my eyes I saw a beautiful grand piano. The man sat on it made my breath go away, like my voice. Klaus looked directly at me. He looked deep into my soul with his puppy like eyes.

I really wanted to leave but something inside of me made me stay put.

Klaus stood up and speed walked to me. Still I was frozen in my place following each of his movements. Finally, he was in front of me. Our bodies were inches apart from each other. Slowly he grabbed both sides of my face with his huge palms. It was like I was in a trace. I didn't move I just looked at him in the eyes.

His hands moved from the sides of my face to the back of my head. While one of his hands was resting at the back of my head the other one was placed behind my back.

Then, Klaus, pulled me into a tight hug. I could tell tears were running down his face as my shoulder felt wet. I was speechless. I didn't know what to do. A part of me told me to hug him back.

And so I did. I, Olivia Bennett, hugged back Niklaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid.