Chapter Twenty-Two

"Damon, are you alright?" I asked softly. He didn't look alright but I wanted to know what exactly he was feeling.

"I'm peachy. For God's sake do I look alright Livie?" Even in this state he didn't loose his sense of humor and his sarcasm. I guess the way you were born you'll die. What I'm I thinking Damon won't die and that's sure. Stefan will get a cure. And if he comes back empty-handed I'll kill Klaus. Maybe not kill but injure badly.

"Livie?" Damon said in between coughs.

"Yes?" I replied softly

"I want you to know that I'm really sorry for the way I treated you. I-I didn't mean to. I just wants you to know that I'm sorry for the way things have turned out to be." I was at the verge of crying. Oh Damon, don't make it any more harder. Don't make this sound like you'll die

" Damon, you don't have to apologize. Once Stefan is back. He-he will give you the cure and we'll be all friends. It's going to be our happy ever after. Right?" Tears were running down my face. Since I came to this town I find myself always crying.

A soft shaky hand touched my cheek. I sniffed my running nose and opened my eyes.

" Livie, stop crying. I don't want my last memories of you to be tears. " Damon said but it was as soft as a whisper and his voice was really raspy. What he said made my cry even more.

"Maybe Elena should come up here." I exited the room as tears where streaming like rivers down my face.

"Elena you should go up." I didn't even spare her a look so did her. I sat on the big sofa and waited for Stefan. Slowly my eyes started closing. Eventually darkness embraced me.

I woke up to a gentle shake on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes. Elena looked at me with her all mighty look.

"What is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Stefan brought back the cure." I jumped from the sofa and grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Really?!" I asked excitedly shaking her violently.

"Yes, but-"

"But what??!" My smile dropped and worried I let go of her shoulder. God, this is as close me and Elena ever going to get.

"Stefan left. Klaus asked for Stefan service in exchange for the cure."

"What?!! Oh hell no!" I grabbed my jacket and my phone and was out the door.

I started typing Klaus' number while I let my feet guide me.

"Yes, love. Are you calmer now?" Oh, you jerk. You are digging your grave right know.

"No, sweetheart, I am not calmer. Why did you need Stefan in exchange of the cure. You better leave my friend alone!" I said in one breath.

"Olivia, where exactly are you?" He asked his voice painted full of consern.

"A few miles away from the Salvatore house. Why?" I looked behind my shoulder. Why would he want to know where I'm I. Has something happened?

"Olivia, listen carefully. You need to get out of there the people you call friends aren't actually your-" The phone was whacked out of my hand by a mysterious force. I turned around ready to attach my attacker. My eyes widened and I lost my words.

"Hey there sweet sister. Missed me?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!Actually this is the very last chapter of this book! It was a great journey that still isn't finished.

-Love        
Aria🌙