|Chapter 2|

Sleep did not come easy however, despite the exhaustion you lay in the foreign room looking up at the ceiling. You told yourself over and over, that in the morning answers would come, there would be more clarity on your newfound situation and you should be grateful to be in apparently such favour with the Pharaoh himself. Sighing softly you closed your eyes and forced yourself into sleep putting your thoughts that were only running round in circles from your mind.

The morning came and you shielded your eyes from the light squinting at the day, the room and memories of what had happened from last night coming back to you. This really was happening. You sighed and rubbed your face trying to wake yourself up before you rose, changing into the dress you received yesterday and fixing your appearance somewhat. You missed your makeup but for now would do without. When dressed and suitable to your standards, hair properly brushed and fixed you lingered by your window, the warm breeze hitting you as you took in your surroundings. From afar the main city seemed to glisten like gold in the heat. From up close however it looked different. Not sparkling but... Normal, it didn't exactly disappoint you, the palace was still grand beyond imagination and you still had to work around the fact you were actually here as a guest seemingly and not a prisoner.

You shook your head, enough time had been wasted looking idly out of a window. If you wanted answers you had to meet with Isis... That was what the Pharaoh had said. You were sure if you wandered around someone would be able to aid you eventually. When you opened the door however a guard stepped forward announcing his business.

"I've been ordered to bring you to the High Priestest, follow me" he was curt, professional and you were happy with that, talking first thing in the morning was not your strong suit.

You nodded and fell into step behind the man, glad you didn't need to hunt someone down for the task. With your recent luck you'd run into that priest... Seto and be looked down on again and you weren't quite ready to tackle his personality and shift it to your favour with so little to go on.

It didn't take long until the corridor opened up to a bright courtyard. Great pillars, pools and palm trees littered the grounds and you weaved through women washing, bathing and talking. You'd heard of what the Pharaoh's extensive harem could be like and wondered if anyone here or if everyone here was involved. Your thoughts were interrupted when a voice called to you.

"Welcome, please have a seat, help yourself to some fruit" the woman you had seen yesterday, this must be Isis.

"My name is Isis" she introduced herself and motioned to her necklace "this is the millennium tauk, with it I can see visions of the future, what is destined to be and what will happen" she explained, "and in one of my latest visions I saw you" she explained.

"Me...?" You paused your eating then waved a hand "sorry there must be someone else, I'm a... a nobody, from the worst part of this nation" you sighed.

"There is no doubt, the dragon that came to your aid was the one I saw in my vision, your fate here is sealed" she closed her eyes and spoke in a calming tone.

"Fate? What fate?" Your tone raised a little to the high priestess sick of speaking in riddles.

"The one who controls the hieratic dragon of Tefnuit, shall inherit the title of war advisor and tactician to the Pharaoh" she explained.

"War advisor...? I could never, I don't have any experience only in defending myself... honestly thank you for your hospitality but I cannot do what you're asking" you were ready to get up and leave.

"The course has been set... Priest Seto will teach you combat and monitor your strength as well as how well you can control your ka, Mahado" there was a pause and a fondness to how she said it "will teach you the basics of magic and both will aid you in strategizing" she explained "you will be ready when you are able to take down the current advisor Phut..." she finished.

||Redemption|| Yu-Gi-Oh! x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें