|Chapter 9 | |Seto|

The Pharaoh stood and clapped his hands together. He smiled down at you as one of the priests, Shada, picked up a large box and moved forward with it as the Pharaoh lifted the lid off it.

"You are one of us now, we took the liberty of having this made in anticipation of your victory today" Isis explained and you were beckoned up.

You looked at them confused but ascended the steps up towards the throne looking into the box where you saw fine pieces of gold crafted into protective armour pieces all marked with a lion as it's symbol.

"Given your name I though the symbol was only fitting" the Pharaoh said and you took a moment but recognised the significance of course, Sekhmet was a goddess depicted with the head of a lioness it only made sense they would choose a lion for you.

"It's beautiful but I..." You began you weren't sure why they would go to all the bother for you.

"Say no more, when Phut ascended she got her own armour, it's tradition you'll be representing the palace you may as well look the part" it was Seto who spoke.

You half smirked and rolled your eyes, trust him to get a jab in, accepting the box and looking back to the Pharaoh with a smile.

"Thank you I'll treasure it" you said.

"Excellent! Now that you have offically become war advisor we must celebrate" He said.

"Celebrate?" You asked wondering if this was another tradition.

"It will be something similar to the festival of Min, after the festival if you recall" Isis explained.

"Take your time to relax and get ready I'll send a guard to get you when we are ready" the Pharaoh said and you nodded.

"Don't look like a startled animal, I'd take the opportunity to relax there'll be enough tough times to worry about" Seto spoke to you in hushed tones.

"Well if nothing else watching you miserable in a corner out of your comfort zone is something I can't miss" you teased.

He looked like he wanted to say something back but he was called away by the Pharaoh and narrowed his eyes at you, you'd watch your back for pay back later for now you had armour to put in your room and a celebration to get ready for.

After you had the armour safely in your room and you'd looked over it sighing the weight of the gold almost a physical version of the weight of the title you now held. War advisor... that is what you now were. You took a deep breath Seto had a point there was no need to stress tonight, you might as well go and have a good time. Egypt was currently in a time of peace anyway. You shook off the creeping negativity which tried to claw at you and headed for the baths, your fight had taken it out of you and made you work up quite the sweat you could take the time to relax and clean yourself up.

When you got there a few girls approached you, usually there was someone else there, but they hadn't spoken with you before. They usually chatted amongst themselves and you weren't overly pleased at them fussing over you.

"Ah hello we heard you completed your trial today Lady Sekhmet, we used to answer to Lady Phut... but since she'll be leaving we'll be here to aid you instead" one explained.

"Aid me? What kind of aid would I need?" You asked.

"Well dressing, makeup, hair and anything of that nature for events we'll be on hand to help you get ready, like tonight! There will of course be a celebration for your new position it must be so exciting" another said too excited for your liking.

"It'll just be a lot of drinking and dancing, don't you ever go to these events?" You asked.

"Oh... Oh no we are just here as servants to the war advisor we have no place at such important events, we have our own time to entertain ourselves naturally of course!" The first said quickly.