|Chapter 4| |Seto|

The next morning you focused in on your fighting training. You were content to use it as a way to distract from yesterday and the concerns it had brought up. You put in all the extra hours you could in the hopes that you'd get into the sandpit and for once knock that smug smirk off Seto's face. He infuriated you at times, said things he had no need to in your opinion just to be needlessly abrupt and scathing. He seemed to be a man content to shove anyone and everyone away with disdain. You were currently training in your free time and after much thought you had to admit that his less than kind approach was in fact working. Would you try so hard if it wasn't to better him? Would you train so much to hear him not insult you for once if he praised you instead? How would you feel? Curiosity... You were curios about the man who guarded himself so closely.

You could also see where his harsh attitude came from, why he told Isis he wouldn't go easy on you because the world wouldn't before your 'trail'. These men he was training, you, one day all of you would be expected to go out and put your lives on the line to protect the throne and the pharaoh. If that was what he was tasked with he couldn't go easy on soldiers, they needed harshness, discipline and he took no slacking off, no complaining from anyone. From whispers you'd heard he was accepted into his high-ranking position from nothing because of his unprecedented test scores. You had to agree any topic you questioned him on he was extremely knowledgeable about and whether it was because he wanted to show off how intellect or if he honestly didn't mind answering you couldn't quite pin down. You still ended up on your ass more than you liked to admit trying to fend Seto off but you did feel somewhat closer to cracking open the mysterious person that he was.

Maybe that was down to your old profession, it was second nature to you to dissect clients and that carried on with you until here. Maybe you were bored and wanted a puzzle to solve, either way from your time under him, you'd learned from other's that he was both disliked and respected in equal measure. You found yourself finding him interesting and impressive, the biting comments at the beginning bothered you less each day and you didn't dread going for lessons to be talked down to because now you talked back just as quickly.

Snapping out of your thoughts you were back at the familiar training grounds. A few regulars that trained more than most were congratulating you on your progress.

"Sekhmet it's good to see you still improving" one shouted from across the room and you nodded to him.

They weren't bad people, far from it, dependable honestly and so far none had their heads in the gutter although you knew two of them were married and the third set to be. It wasn't your mission to know everyone's personal status but they'd spoken to you and you had no reason not to network a little. Friends could always come in handy especially if these men were going to be following your orders in the future.

"I can see why High Priest Seto spends much of his time honing your skill" one offered after you had thrown him on his back once again.

"It's still amazing how you can stand up to him with no repercussions" another pushed himself into sitting and you blinked before laughing.

"You act like he's some sort of demon, his bark seems far worse than his bite to me" you shrugged it off.

"It takes an incredibly strong person to stand up to someone like High Priest Seto" the soon to be ex bachelor was on his feet and gave you a confident nod, he was a leader of one of the factions of the army and seemed in support of you being the next war advisor.

"Or someone incredibly stupid" the deep voice cut through the easy going air and instilled tension in the men. You however turned easily and smirked up at the blue and white clothed high priest wielding the Millenium Rod.