|Chapter 5| |Seto|

You were less than talkative on the next journey. Focusing on the sand and scenery passing by you watched some of the other soldiers. It was a rather quiet journey until a village came into view.

You took a deep breath and focused on passing buildings. Seeing the pharaoh's army had people stopping and staring whispering to each other before the group stopped and they dismounted. You looked up at the High Priest who had narrowed his eyes on a building, you assumed that was where you were headed for but still weren't sure what exactly was about to unfold.

"We've received intel that tomb raiders are hiding out in that building with stolen goods from the Valley of the Kings, normally grave robberies wouldn't be dealt with by me personally but it has been on the rise and they targeted one of the Pharaoh's tombs this time" Seto explained lowly to you.

Grave robbing? You'd heard of it happening and typically depending on the importance of the person whose resting place was defiled punishment could get as serious as death. You assumed that was what awaited the supposed criminals, given it could be proven of course.

"As I said, typically these type of criminals are cowards, they are thieves not fighters and tend to give themselves up in the hope of lenient sentencing but I can't promise they won't resist, stay by me and remember your training if things get rough" he warned.

You nodded and gripped your spear doing as he asked with no complaints. The soldiers marched after High Priest Seto's lead and you stayed close by his side. You got to the entrance and with a few hand gestures he ordered the soldiers to surround the building leaving two at the front with you while the rest split off to flank each side of the building. After everyone was in position Seto moved forward pushing the door and stepping inside. He scanned the room before announcing his presence.

"Anyone in here is under the custody of the Pharaoh, come out willingly and your lives may be spared" he spat.

There was shuffling and some men appeared from the depths of the dimly lit building. The small holes in the stone walls let little light in making it difficult to see. They seemed to all be older men, scruffy looking with scars littering their bodies. It seemed like they were thankfully the type to give up for a lighter sentence. At least you had thought that but why the gods would smile upon you and make your first outing easy? Of course they wouldn't, evidenced by a man standing forward and sneering.

"You think we'll lay down to you? The Pharaoh's lapdogs?" he spat at Priest Seto's feet who simply smirked back shaking his head.

"By all means, resist your pathetic little hearts out, all your doing is making the charges worse" he hit back, if he was worried about the number of men in front of you he didn't betray it.

"Oh believe me priest we'll be fine, you should've left the girl off the battlefield but we'll put her to good use" he leered at you.

Priest Seto narrowed his eyes and put a hand out moving you behind him readying himself for a fight. The hand to hand combat was quickly thrown out the window as monsters... kas were summoned. Seto stayed calm flicking his wrist out, three wing like extensions fanned out from the contraption on his arm.

"It won't take much to finish this low level trash off..." He sneered dismissively "Galestgoras!" He called out.

Suddenly a flash of light left one of the wings glowing and you stared in awe as a large red beast materialised in front of them fending off the onslaught from the thief's ka. You were so engrossed in watching the battle that you almost missed the sound of footsteps behind you. You turned just in time to block a dagger with your spear. One of the other's had tried to sneak up from behind while attention was on the battle in front.