|Chapter 6| |Seto|

In contrast the next few days were rather uneventful you were reading through a book Mahado had given you to study, to see if you could follow spells for yourself a few you were stuck with, some you got quickly, and others just seemed alien. Although they were near the back of the book, so you assumed they were trickier, you'd ask Mahado about that when you next saw him. After all you'd promised not to slack off like a certain brunette apprentice. You sighed thinking of the girl absentmindedly filling and emptying a cup of water which sat on your desk a spell you had now mastered. The last time you'd seen her she'd tackled you in a hug that almost knocked you off balance. Mahado had thankfully pulled her off but it wasn't something you were in any hurry to repeat.

Suitably brain fried for the night you closed the book with a sigh and stretched, you supposed after your time studying a walk would help take your mind off things and wind down for sleep. You decided a little bit of exploring would help you map out more of the extensive palace and see how well your navigation skills could help you out if you ended up lost.

The long corridor you had found, taking a few different turns in the sort of rough direction towards the back near the gardens, opened up with large pillars holding the ceiling above up and opening out to let in the warm night air as well as offer a spectacular view out over the garden. The flames lit certain sections and the stars that splattered the sky were so vivid that you took a minute to lean out and admire it. A few clusters you could connect and name but other than that the names, constellations and other information was lost on you. The view alone with the light breeze helped clear your mind and settled the thoughts racing around with all the information you'd tried to cram in within the past few hours. It seemed like all you had done since you arrived here was get caught up in your own overthinking. But you supposed you should allow yourself that given the complete change of circumstance you were in and had to adjust to.

Quiet footsteps made you look up and you were surprised to see a man walking towards you. He stopped then smiled seemingly as surprised as you were.

"What are you doing all the way over here?" He asked comfortably taking up the space beside you, looking out at the stars.

"Sorry, I felt like exploring for a bit to settle my mind" you explained quickly to the Pharaoh wondering if you'd stepped into a wing reserved for him or if you shouldn't be there.

"Don't apologise, you're free to wander where you like, I admit I often take walks to clear my own mind" he replied, and you felt a little relieved.

You were sure he had much more going on or thoughts he'd like to dispel than you had but you didn't press the matter. It felt nice to have something in common a moment passed with both of you saying nothing just admiring the stars before he spoke again.

"I'm glad we got this opportunity to talk again, I have a suggestion to make to you" he said and you turned meeting his gaze.

"What is it?" you asked, you wondered should you have added on pharaoh like everyone else seemed to, but something about your old life... the fact it was just the two of you now. He hadn't chastised you for it and nor had anyone else so you didn't see why you should fix something that wasn't broken.

You weren't exactly intimidated by him, but you were naturally on edge, despite your casual talk he still was the Pharaoh. It was difficult for you to suddenly trust the people around you or feel at ease especially when it had been just you looking out for yourself up until now. Seto was easy he was constantly insulting or picking at you there wasn't exactly any trust lost there and he'd made no effort to hide his dissatisfaction with you being there, although that was slowly changing. Mahado was just someone who taught you magic and the rest of the court you barely dealt with. You knew of course that no one here was going to dismember you or something equally as horrific but a Pharaoh being as open and nice to you struck you as off.